Anyone tried toro grill in villa olga (santiago) ?

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
I went to picanha a few weeks back and it was decent but I was wondering if toro grill was any good.. similar churrascaria style.. thanks

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I went to picanha a few weeks back and it was decent but I was wondering if toro grill was any good.. similar churrascaria style.. thanks

We HATED Picanha. Horrible when we went. We had drinks outside and the waitress was friendly and attentive. We were 13.
We head inside to eat. They keep telling us about salad bar. About half went for salad, the rest, myself included turned the card over to green side. Nobody brought any meat. We had no forks or knives. My fiance went to ask a waiter for forks. He answered "ese no toca nosotros, toca ustedes". Basically not my job, get them yourself. Apparently they only put forks near salad bar. Of course he was on his BB at the time so we were bothering him.

I didn't expect it to be quality of a real Brasilian churrascaria, but since my fiance has spent over six months in Brasil in last 3 years we wanted her family to see what a churrascaria was like. Big mistake. The only cut they have that is found in Brasilian Churrascarias was in fact Picanha. Our table never received any picanha. A few non descript cuts of meat that was mediocre at best, horrible at worst. One cut, I spit out because it had a bad taste. Like spoiled meat. None of the cuts seemed to be imported. if they were, they were ripped off.

At the end a waitress came over ad asked if she could clear my plates. I said no, we are waiting for picanha. 25 minutes later with our cards flipped over green, no further meat was brought, and we never got any picanha. Will not spend a dime in that place ever again. Bad food, and bad service.

I'd like to know about El Toro as well as santiago seems to be hurting for steak houses. Since Puerto Madero closed we are stuck with Camp David and Fridays!!!

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
For quality dining in Santiago I would recommend you to try Pedro Restaurant, calle Salome Urena 18 , Los Jardines Tel 809 582 2144. Speak to Jorge, the owner who is Argentinian and speaks fluent English. He prides himself with providing a truly international menu. It's a little pricey but you will not be disappointed food wise.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Toro used to be good. Down in quality recently. Do not recommend.