Mace

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
Does anyone know where I can buy mace in Santiago? I'm guessing a gun shop may have it but would like to confirm if anyone knows where and how much before I go on an adventure all over the city looking for it.

Thanks.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
La national on the 27, under the bridge has them. At the counter where they sell cigars and stuff.....

May 29, 2006
If you want it for home, numerous members have mentioned getting wasp spray instead. Too bulky to carry around, but it has a range of more than 20ft. Pepper sprays are bad to use inside because the fumes will get to you as well. Good if you can get the kind with UV dye in it too.

El-Jefe

Jun 28, 2014
...... Pepper sprays are bad to use inside because the fumes will get to you as well. Good if you can get the kind with UV dye in it too.

There is also a pepper foam spray, that for the most part sticks to the target. It does have the drawback that if your attacker can wipe his face and collect it in his hand he can fling it back at you. With the misting spray its a non issue.

There is a police supply and uniform store behind the Hodelpa Grand Almirante, I believe its on Valverde.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
If you want it for home, numerous members have mentioned getting wasp spray instead. Too bulky to carry around, but it has a range of more than 20ft. Pepper sprays are bad to use inside because the fumes will get to you as well. Good if you can get the kind with UV dye in it too.

The wasp spray with the range of 20 ft or more, I have not seen for sale in the D.R.
Do you know where they are selling it in the D.R.?

2mfjhg6.gif

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
If you are going to mess with this stuff be sure to try it out. It can be tricky to use. For example you should be down wind as it will blow back on you. Good idea to see what the range of the spray might be regardless of the label. good luck. btw, if you do not use it correctly it may make the other guy really really mad. Spray and run. Avoid the temptation to stand around and admire your handiwork

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Lothario666;1452890]The wasp spray with the range of 20 ft or more, I have not seen for sale in the D.R.
Do you know where they are selling it in the D.R.?

I've never seen it in DR, but I've shipped down LOTS of cans for people there in our boxes.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
I've never seen it in DR, but I've shipped down LOTS of cans for people there in our boxes.

Having seen the after shipping conditions of some items I sent in my boxes, it will "really" have to be packed well. Having said that, I did "super" pack a bottle of wine once and it made it okay.

I will try to remember to pack a couple cans next time of the spray, thanks AE.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
You should consider a taser.... they can be bought here for 1000-1400 pesos and are extremely effective.

Does anyone know where I can buy mace in Santiago? I'm guessing a gun shop may have it but would like to confirm if anyone knows where and how much before I go on an adventure all over the city looking for it.

Thanks.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
From past experience the forwarding agents refuse to handle aerosol products,

Also, do not attempt to bring your own on a flight:

Items not allowed in carry-on or checked luggage:

Household Items (Aerosols, bleach, etc.)

Aerosols (i.e. spray disinfectant and starch), bleach, cleaning solvents, drain cleaners and pesticides are not allowed.

The regular shippers (The ones that do boxes) usually are sending by ship, not air.