Is Sosua Bay (Platinum's gym) still open?

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
Hello,

I heard a rumour that the gym on top of the Sosua Bay Plaza is closed..

I wonder if that is true and if anyone has any more information if this is the case.

I have used this gym regularly during my visits in Sosua and I especially like the squash courts, people and personnel there so I do hope it will be open next time when I visit.

Thanks for any info//MM

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Like Seamonkey, I go there almost daily. No plans to close, as far as I know.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Speaking of gyms in Sosua. Heard a rumor that Golden Park Gym has new owners and has been refurbished. In the recent past it was pretty run down, missing and broken equipment. Anyone been there lately?

MauriceNS

Jun 2, 2014
I'm looking for a gym in Sosua...which is better Platinum's or Golden Park? Or are there other recommendations?

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
Thanks for the update guys! I can safely pack my squash gear when it is time for my next trip then :)

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
I'm looking for a gym in Sosua...which is better Platinum's or Golden Park? Or are there other recommendations?

Check out the Sosua Ocean Village gym, located in the SOV complex, about halfway between Sosua and Cabarete. It's a former Gold's Gym. The equipment is about 5-6 years old, but still in good shape, and the views are breathtaking. They also have a nice outdoor pool, as well as access to a small beach. Daily passes are around 700 pesos, with monthly memberships about 65 USD.

If you have a car, it's definitely worth checking out.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002

I used Golden Park before Platinum's opened and much prefer Platinum's. Much better location for me, right in center of town, much better view, good staff and good clientele. It is a well run gym.

Someone mentioned that Golden Park may have new administration. Don't know how current or reliable that is. But I am well satisfied with Platinum's gym