Audit Of CDEEE Uncovers Complete Mess

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Not "MANY",...but "ALL"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess I have lived here long enough to be "Platanado"!
I really don't care about government corruption, or anything else anymore!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I had some hope when Marranzini was put in charge. Thinking that since he was a man from the private sector he would put in place policies that would straighten that sinking ship, but alas a few years later the situation is the same or worse. He went in with a promise to reduce 'botellas', increase collections, etc...Apparently by the time he was done the payroll had been inflated by hundreds of employees and the debt had increased tremendously as well.

Everyone knows that the real solution is to completely privatize the industry and provide for some form of competition. Leonel tried to do that the first time around, but turned into a fiasco because it was done half a$$ed and of course tons of payoffs to Union Fenosa, etc...to sign off on yet another set of ridiculous contracts.

redfish46

Dec 17, 2007
Unions these days squeeze the life out of the businesses they are attached to.usa lost millions of jobs because of them and unions control the dr and nothing will change

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Not "MANY",...but "ALL"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I guess I have lived here long enough to be "Platanado"!
I really don't care about government corruption, or anything else anymore!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

You will if it effects your life style or eveyday living conditions, as it has some folks with lack of the availability of electricity and other essential services because corruption and graft has limited the effectiveness of what can be provided.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010

This is a joke. The biggest problem facing the DR is providing essential services, such as water and power. This should not be that hard to solve but it seems that the resources to accomplish this are continually being diverted into someones pocket. Shame on the DR gov officials who continue to wallo in their own selfishness and corruption while the country and it's people suffer. I sincerely hope that internal audits are being done throughout the Gov to find corruption if not nothing will ever improve. It is time for the DR Gov to grow up and start acting approproately and not like spoiled children who don't see the problems they create. Come on Danillo do the right thing?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I had some hope when Marranzini was put in charge. Thinking that since he was a man from the private sector he would put in place policies that would straighten that sinking ship, but alas a few years later the situation is the same or worse. He went in with a promise to reduce 'botellas', increase collections, etc...Apparently by the time he was done the payroll had been inflated by hundreds of employees and the debt had increased tremendously as well.

Everyone knows that the real solution is to completely privatize the industry and provide for some form of competition. Leonel tried to do that the first time around, but turned into a fiasco because it was done half a$$ed and of course tons of payoffs to Union Fenosa, etc...to sign off on yet another set of ridiculous contracts.
The audit was on the year 2010. According to the article Marranzini came December 2010. I've no idea how big the mess is right now (I don't complain, the very few outages we have we can easily manage with our 4 batteries, and the bill is about usd100/month, that's all what counts for me), but he's not to blame for the mess in 2010.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
"unions control the DR" pleeeeeeeze! Since when is the DR under control? Nothing works and no one is in charge. If someone were in charge we could blame them. They are too smart to even pretend to be in charge. I dont know, its not me, no I did not see who did it. I saw nothing. I know nothing.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Whether he did anything wrong or not he's going to be thrown under the bus by the current administration. The person who created the biggest mess (Segura) walked away with tons of money (enough that he's going to be running for President soon) and complete unscathed. They did everything by hand in his days, so there are no records of how much they stole.

Marranzini is in a bad position as apparently the controller under Segura is Medina's sister, so he can't say that she was aware of the thievery without upsetting the powers that be...