Good save neighborhoods on the west side of SD to rent

Jesse Hales

Jul 22, 2014
I'm looking at possibly renting a 3 bedroom house with a little bit of a yard on the west side of SD close to some churches that we will be working with. Any suggestions on good, save neighborhoods to look at? Thank you.

JuanDolioLiving

Sep 7, 2010
The first thing that will determine where you want to live is your budget and how many people will be living with you at the house?

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Your first priority needs to be security. You may be better off in an apartment or condo type setting where there is gated security and other neighbors close by. This is not like living in North America and Gringos are a target. This may be a type o or just a froidian slip but it is saFe neighborhood and not save. I know if you are church people you might be thinking save but you want to be safe?

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Which churches will you be working with?

Reasonable save neighborhoods with houses are Arroyo Hondo (e.g) Los
Rios), Las Praderas, Los Prados, el Millon (I), San Geronimo.

Other safe neighborhoods don't have many houses or only very expensive. In my street there are a few houses for rent in a closed project (fence, watchman, 10 houses or so). Pm me for details.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
You can find a lot of safe place, depends how much you are ready to spend!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jesse Hales

Jul 22, 2014
Which churches will you be working with?

Reasonable save neighborhoods with houses are Arroyo Hondo (e.g) Los
Rios), Las Praderas, Los Prados, el Millon (I), San Geronimo.

Other safe neighborhoods don't have many houses or only very expensive. In my street there are a few houses for rent in a closed project (fence, watchman, 10 houses or so). Pm me for details.

Thank you for the info. The churches in that area that we will be working with are Iglesia Cristiana Vida Nueva Bautista Misionera in Loyola, Iglesia Cristiana La Verdad en Cristo in San Miguel, Iglesia Pastor de Ovejas Bautista Misionera in Manoguayabo, and Iglesia Bautista Misionera el sendero in Bienvenido.

Jesse Hales

Jul 22, 2014
Tamborista, Harleysrock, If you don't mind, help me to understand the pricing better in the SD area. I had been looking at rentals in Nagua area up until a few weeks ago when I realized we might be needing to move to the west side of SD. I have no idea what prices are in that area. Thank you for the help.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Look at the link I just put on in post #14, This is a furnished house, but go through the listings and you'll have an idea.

Tamborista, Harleysrock, If you don't mind, help me to understand the pricing better in the SD area. I had been looking at rentals in Nagua area up until a few weeks ago when I realized we might be needing to move to the west side of SD. I have no idea what prices are in that area. Thank you for the help.

When I looked a few months ago for a 2-3 bedroom house in a nicer safe area in SD it was around US $1,100+ but I am not an expert on the prices, maybe I wasn't looking in the right places?

My friend lives in Villa Claudia (the link Bob posted) and really likes the gated community and says he feels safe coming and going late at night.

Jesse Hales

Jul 22, 2014
Thank you everyone. Are there any areas on the west side of town that you would advice me to stay away from when looking for a place?