New Pistol Permit Laws

Deyvi

*** I love DR1 ***
Dec 23, 2009
Can anyone guide me thru the new laws. Where to get the paperwork etc.
THX.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Every year you pay the renewal fees at Banreservas, you pay for an anti-doping drug test at a government approved lab and you pay for a ballistics check in Santo Domingo.

I have been told that there is a new ballistics lab being built in Santiago that will be open within a year so not everyone will have to go to Santo Domingo for the annual ballistics check.

After you have done all three things you wait about 20 working days and the license is supposed to be delivered to the BanReservas office where you paid the fee.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Every year you pay the renewal fees at Banreservas, you pay for an anti-doping drug test at a government approved lab and you pay for a ballistics check in Santo Domingo.

I have been told that there is a new ballistics lab being built in Santiago that will be open within a year so not everyone will have to go to Santo Domingo for the annual ballistics check.

After you have done all three things you wait about 20 working days and the license is supposed to be delivered to the BanReservas office where you paid the fee.

I did all of the above in April this year and I'm still waiting for my new license. Try phoning the helpline they give you.....you can't get through!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Defense minister Sigfrido Pared’s “on target and timely" assertion that 98 percent of crimes in the country are committed with illegal weapons. Posted this morning in Dominican Today. New gun laws will just criminalize gun owners who give up trying to comply. Helpline does not answer is the norm in the DR. They do not really want to help you. They want your money and finally your gun in the end. Go every year to SD for the tests. My wifes psychological exam consisted of one question, "do you love your mother?". She passed.

exeurodominican

Feb 1, 2014
Btw. Does anybody know the address of the ballistics lab? I have to renew my permit in September. 12 years ago I (retired cop) did the psygological examen and they wanted to know if I knew how to clean my weapon.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
I did all of the above in April this year and I'm still waiting for my new license. Try phoning the helpline they give you.....you can't get through!

Have you tried going to the Banreserva where you paid? over the years I've learned calling does not alway get the correct answer.

You gotta go there and make them look for it.

for the OP's question, all answered here:

Ministerio de Interior y Policia

nuff said & g'luck