New Resturant Opened - Dennys

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Anyone aware of new Dennys opened doors across from Applbees/Wendys by Sun Gallery mall where new Embassy Suites hotel opened too. BTW, Denny's open 24 HOURS 7 days!!

Anyone went to Dennys and how was it?

May 29, 2006
Across from Wendy's and Applebees... ugh. Don't they got any place fancy there, like Long John Silver's?

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
I wonder if they will have real hashbrowns.. maybe even sausage gravy to go over them.. the Denny's at the SDQ airport was pretty bad, but it is the airport I guess.

May 29, 2006
*Real* hashbrowns are often made from dehydrated potatoes. Odd thing is they are better than from fresh potatoes. It's one of the few things I'll get in a box. Sausage Gravy is a southern food.

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
*Real* hashbrowns are often made from dehydrated potatoes. Odd thing is they are better than from fresh potatoes. It's one of the few things I'll get in a box. Sausage Gravy is a southern food.

Yep.. have to get rid of the starch to make good hashbrowns. By southern food, you're talking about the islands south of the DR? I ask because from PR south through the islands including Anguilla, St. Maartin, have sausage gravy. Best is at Dicks hideaway in St. Croix.. Molly Malones has cream gravy in Stt. I'd bet that Frank 12 sells it too. Funny thing is ya can't find biscuits all of the time.

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
I already ate there.. ALOT better than the one at the airport, the food was really good, but the waiters were too inexperienced, but the service was ok. I just think that they didn't give them proper training or its their first job. But they were nice!!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
I already ate there.. ALOT better than the one at the airport, the food was really good, but the waiters were too inexperienced, but the service was ok. I just think that they didn't give them proper training or its their first job. But they were nice!!

Their saving grace may be the 24 hour thing. Jevitos leaving bars at 2am and don't want to go home yet. Greasy food is great when drinking. IHOP is not that far away and better imho but no 24 hours.

I never understood why they opened in the airport.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Anyone aware of new Dennys opened doors across from Applbees/Wendys by Sun Gallery mall where new Embassy Suites hotel opened too. BTW, Denny's open 24 HOURS 7 days!!

Anyone went to Dennys and how was it?

give me street names I don't get out much;)

Natu

Jan 20, 2013
In the Gustavo Mej?a Ricart Av. #52, Naco.. Close to Av. Tiradentes from west to east.. Between Lopez de Vega and Av. Tiradentes.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Pretty close!
CCCCCCCCCCCCC
And I also love Schnitzel!!!!!!!!!
I'm Dutch!
"Once Removed"!

THAT's why I LOVE Tulips!

"What's better than roses on a piano"??????
TwoLips on ,.................................wait for it,...... an "ORGAN"!!!!!! :cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Across from Wendy's and Applebees... ugh. Don't they got any place fancy there, like Long John Silver's?

I was at the Hills restaruant last night, and it was funny looking at one end seeing Wendy's and Dennys at the other. There wasn't that many people at the Dennys. Maybe it's going to be a late night spot, it was around 7:30 when I was there.

I have to mention that later I went to meet some friends at TGIF for some drinks and was impressed with the new remodel and the service. Chatted with the bar manager, forgot her name but she was trained the right way. She corrected a friend's order and drinks came fast. The place was packed and that's the first time I've seen Dominican move that fast while serving people.

Forgot I was in DR for a min, till I looked at the bill with that damn 18% tax.

Went to another bar later and back to the "real" DR. Had a fun night, spent some money but tell me who are these Dominicans packing places on a Wed. night?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Went to another bar later and back to the "real" DR. Had a fun night, spent some money but tell me who are these Dominicans packing places on a Wed. night?

Those were the mysterious middle & upper middle class that so many DR1ers claim don't exist.

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
I once took a friend to the Zona Colonial and we were followed and harassed by a tour guide. That was really embarrassing. I was like "leave us alone" but my friend said it was ok. The guide's English was awful. I don't know if this still happens but I hope it doesn't.