Dyckman Beer Company on CNN Money

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Good story, but I want to read about a Dominican that has done something like this in this country. He was born here, but raised and educated in America. He is an American.

jkc

Jun 24, 2013
Good story, but I want to read about a Dominican that has done something like this in this country. He was born here, but raised and educated in America. He is an American.

For a moment, i thought the OP was talking about a DOMINICAN CRAFT BEERS, in the dominican republic? smh

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
And I repeat, it is a shame he couldn't think of a Dominican Name for his beer instead of a Washington Heightsian name.

For many, including myself, you say Dyckman, we say DR: You say Arthur we say Little Italy: You say Canal we say Chinatown, and etc., i.e., Dyckman (although a Dutch derivative) is a Dominican reference.

jabejuventus

Bronze
Feb 15, 2013
Yes apparently and those who live in Washington know it is a Dominican name.

It is an NYC name and as close to a Dominican name as you can get outside of DR. They're selling to the NYC market. Why would they name the company something like "Yo estoy chivo con eso?"

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
For a moment, i thought the OP was talking about a DOMINICAN CRAFT BEERS, in the dominican republic? smh

That's what I thought also. That would be great to have some micro brews here. Maybe the guy in the report can start to import some back to his birth country.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
That's what I thought also. That would be great to have some micro brews here. Maybe the guy in the report can start to import some back to his birth country.

Woww was in la Candea and saw this beer. Great to have craft brews, but as I originally stated it would have been great if it was made here. I think I will try.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Dyckman comes from the dutch farmer who owned much of the land there. So this beer is more dutch than dominican. (they guy moved to NY when he was 5.

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
Dyckman comes from the dutch farmer who owned much of the land there. So this beer is more dutch than dominican. (they guy moved to NY when he was 5.

I still want to know how he went from brewing in his home and within two years has a nice size brewry? Yeah he's more American than Dominican.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
How can a MAN, be a ?Dyke??????????

You think ?Am Bev? would allow a ?Craft Beer Brewery? here????????

The politicos would stop that!!!!
No License no BEER!!!
He can't PAY what the big Boys do!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
How can a MAN, be a ?Dyke??????????

You think ?Am Bev? would allow a ?Craft Beer Brewery? here????????

The politicos would stop that!!!!
No License no BEER!!!
He can't PAY what the big Boys do!!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I think they would if it was part of their portfolio and enough people in DR received a "regalo".

Well I going top buy a six pack of this last night but at 850.00 pesos (maybe more) I just bought one. Not bad, it's advertised as a pilsner, but taste more like a Pale Ale, not hoppy like a IPA but more of a Dale's Pale Ale. Also it has a citrus flavor which remained of Magic Hat #9.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
A MAN Who Loves GOOD BEER, Is a GOOD MAN!!!!!
If I admit I mix ?Clamato? in my ?Presidente? will you HATE ME???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc
?SALT? in ANY FORM, is GOOD!!!!!!!

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
A MAN Who Loves GOOD BEER, Is a GOOD MAN!!!!!
If I admit I mix ?Clamato? in my ?Presidente? will you HATE ME???????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCc
?SALT? in ANY FORM, is GOOD!!!!!!!

I do as well.

I learn this from a Dominican when I was 16.

Being a seafood lover, it gives the beer an extra kick. BTW, I did the clamato thing with a Heineken. mmmmmmmmm

RG84

Bronze
May 21, 2010
OK, tell me is this a European thing or Dominican thing, putting Sprite in your beer?

donP

Dec 14, 2008
"Radler"

OK, tell me is this a European thing or Dominican thing, putting Sprite in your beer?

In the Southern part of Germany a mix of beer and a sparkling lemonade is called "Radler".
The Dominican Sprite (7 Up is better), however, is so sweet, that you do not want to do the normal 50/50 mix.
I like it as a refreshing drink.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shandy

donP

Last edited:

gray

Apr 11, 2013
I have been experimenting with the different horrible beers of the DR by adding the malt beverages at different quantities and come up with a decent flavour with lowenbrau malt extract and presedente. Decent dark taste!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk