direct TV available on the north coast???

pularvik

Jan 2, 2011
We have Dish , because we were told Direct TV didn't work here? We watch a lot of sports (right now baseball) and Dish does not offer the MLB package. And most of the games they do offer are blacked out. Direct TV is much better for sports.

Does anyone get Direct TV? If so please PM me how you are accomplishing this. Thanks!!!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
People have said that the signal is strong enough to receive DirecTV in the DR. If that is true then you need someone to sign you up in the US and bring the receiver here. Also need a way to pay the monthly bill from the US.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
People have said that the signal is strong enough to receive DirecTV in the DR. If that is true then you need someone to sign you up in the US and bring the receiver here. Also need a way to pay the monthly bill from the US.

Is that only on the north coast, or does the signal reach the south coast too?

RandyLRM

May 21, 2014
Here's what I have learned/understand at this point. DirecTV beams a CONUS single at the US. This signal does not reach the DR. They also broadcast "spot beams" to various locations of the CONUS to provide local programing. It looks like the spot beam for Puerto Rico would be readable in the DR, but I believe you would need a PR address to get it.

If anyone learns anything to the contrary, I'd love to hear it too.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009

auto pay.... credit card or paperless billing... need a US bank account and / or creditcard

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Here's what I have learned/understand at this point. DirecTV beams a CONUS single at the US. This signal does not reach the DR. They also broadcast "spot beams" to various locations of the CONUS to provide local programing. It looks like the spot beam for Puerto Rico would be readable in the DR, but I believe you would need a PR address to get it.

If anyone learns anything to the contrary, I'd love to hear it too.

most of these signals -DISH/Direct are PR based....already....

just sniff around....you'll find it

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Not that familiar with what channels are on what DirecTV satellites but this is what I could find:
DirecTV 11 on satellite 99 degrees west - no signal
DirecTV 4S on satellite 101 degrees west - needs 60 inch dish
DirecTV 5 DSPRTX beam on satellite 110 degrees west - needs 18 inch dish
DirecTV 10 and DirecTV 12 on aatellite 103 no signal I could find
DirecTV 7S Conus on satellite 119 would need a 200 inch dish

Information found at

SatBeams - Satellite Coverage Maps - Sat Footprint Directv 11 / Galaxy 16 (G-16) / Spaceway 2 (Spaceway F2)