Private B&Bs in the DR

Meems

May 1, 2013
Many of us --flat out B & B's and small guesthouses--are registered with Airbnb. The site is not that easy to navigate and their communication with owners is not the best. And a 13% commission out of already low rates takes a bite. Having said that, we are happy to get customers no matter where they are from.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We list on Airbnb, DR1, ActiveCabarete, etc. Airbnb has really taken off as a way to go places and not stay in hotels. It is a clever concept that works well.

JLA1125

Aug 14, 2013
I've booked twice to the DR now with Airbnb. Both of my vacations were excellent.

May 29, 2006
Just in casual searching, there are numerous places I might stay on my next trip that I wouldn't have known of otherwise. Not so much on the NC, but some great deals around STG for maybe monthly rentals at $10/night. I see marketing fees around here for up to 25%. There may be some bugs but I can see this being at least 10 times more popular than it is now. In some cities, they even have sites for the use of a private bathroom/shower. Mardi Gras in N.O. is a huge customer of that service.