thinking about a career change.

BobtheCat

Aug 28, 2010
I would like to find a job in the north west DR so I could afford beer and food. This is very vague and I expect a lot of questions. I am just ready to end my current career and retire. My skill sets a wide and varied and my expectations are low. Seems simple. Thanks.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Beer and Food

The Island has plenty of room for another Sanky.

Sanky, huh? :disappoin
He is a gunsmith with a lot of experience in the security field, if I remember well.
This could be enough to buy "beer and food" here... ;)

donP

drstock

Silver
Oct 29, 2010
Cabarete
I would like to find a job in the north west DR so I could afford beer and food. This is very vague and I expect a lot of questions. I am just ready to end my current career and retire. My skill sets a wide and varied and my expectations are low. Seems simple. Thanks.

So do you want to change your job or retire?

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

be careful what you wish for; you just might get it. especially the part about just being able to buy beer and food.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Anyone who makes the move to the DR, and intends to live on money earned here, should have an "Open Return" ticket in their pocket, and cab fare to the airport!
"Fluent Spanish"?????????????????
Constant income stream from the USA??????
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
I would like to find a job in the north west DR so I could afford beer and food.

v4s1h3.jpg

Honest, sincere hard worker seeking money for beer and food

Very Photogenic

Been featured in various Government photo shoots

2ni7aww.jpg
. . . . . . . . .
2u44fw3.jpg

BobtheCat

Aug 28, 2010
Not sure how well I would do as a sanky, I know I would be expensive. I am looking to semi retire, right now I'm in the Middle East and I'm ready for a break, I'm at the beginning of 12 years here, before this it was different turd world countries with disgruntled individuals trying to "end" my career. I came to DR for the first time in 1984, and then bought property there about 5 or 6 years ago, I have a real good friend who looks out for me and takes care of my property. I have some money and an exit plan if things go south there, I'm just researching some ideas to make some beer and food money. I know a gringo getting a job doesn't seem likely, so its more like starting or owning a business, but who knows that's why I'm asking. Oh, no pension except for what I have invested. Thanks in advance for the ideas.

Aug 6, 2006
It might facilitate discussion if you were to reveal the ideas you had about how you might earn beer and food money.

BobtheCat

Aug 28, 2010
I'm not sure, I've thought about a B&B or something similar. If I knew a legitimate Gov contact I could instruct weapons etc. I've thought about erosion control (holding sand down on the beach) not sure it would pay, it would be up there with beer taster.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In what town is your property? As always, I do not recommend to anyone to come here and look for work. If you can earn money over the internet, that is a different story, but it sounds like you are looking for a job to do locally. Not easy to do and not much pay if you get one.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Are you saying that you have 12 MORE YEARS to work in the "Desert"????
The DR might not be here in 12 years, me either!!!!!
I'll be DEAD!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
there was a recent job fair in SD for call center jobs around the country. the pay quoted in newspapers was 25k pesos. of course legal status is required. i would not count on government contact. fortune is a fickle ho, governments come and go.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Chilenas and Uzis

(...) If I knew a legitimate Gov contact I could instruct weapons etc.

They do not need gringos for that, they are 'demasiado' intelligent......

You could rather fabricate 'chilenas' more professionally and supply the barrio tigueres.
But wait, they have Uzis already... :laugh:

donP