freezer STI/POP

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Hi all !!!

I am looking for a freezer that opens on the top kind........ hopefuly new but open to used.......

First what shop(s) do u go to in Santiago?? Puerto plata ??
How do I know the consumption ?? ( never really bothered back home it is A, B, C....... A being the most power effiecent.

Also I guess u can run it off the inversor ( 8 batteries. Powers lots of lights, fridge, TV and cable..... ).

Thanks all.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
If you have the right type of transport ie camionetta then your best bet would be Pricesmart in Santiago.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
You want a freezer only like a deep freezer?

I dont know the diffrence...... i have a double door fridge. Right doorfridge, leftdoor frezer. But I need more place in the freezer.

Just to freeze normal stuff, meat, fish, fruit, ice cream...

malko

Jan 12, 2013
If you have the right type of transport ie camionetta then your best bet would be Pricesmart in Santiago.

I have a pickup so transport is not a problem.
I was under the impression Pricesmart was membership only.....

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Plaza Lama has a reputation for re-selling warranty repaired US merchandise. Much better Corripio, Pricesmart(membership) or indeed la Sirena

Check Plaza Lama in STI, they have a few freezer models available.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Having a lot of perishable food in a freezer here in the DR is NOT a good idea.
The question is not "IF", but when it will all thaw out!!!!
If you are worried about storing food, do canned goods.
I have a ton of food ready for my family of 8 for any disaster.
Lots of canned beans,potatoes, vegetables, tuna, peanut butter, honey,ham, sausages,rice,Tang, and other supplies as well, like 20, 5 gallon drinking water bottles.
Be prepared, just not with a freezer.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

malko

Jan 12, 2013
It is but surely you know someone who's a member?

Ermmmm no, at least I think not.
Was checking the intern3t site of pricesmart. They list only 2 freezers and one ( the bigger one, ie the one thatbis better for me ) is discontinued...
And it is a "order online only" item and they dont list the electrical consumption.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Having a lot of perishable food in a freezer here in the DR is NOT a good idea.
The question is not "IF", but when it will all thaw out!!!!
If you are worried about storing food, do canned goods.
I have a ton of food ready for my family of 8 for any disaster.
Lots of canned beans,potatoes, vegetables, tuna, peanut butter, honey,ham, sausages,rice,Tang, and other supplies as well, like 20, 5 gallon drinking water bottles.
Be prepared, just not with a freezer.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Oh dont worry about me. I am more than ready for the zombie apocalypse ( or the ebola outbreak..... ).

But while we are waiting for that to happen....... I freeze mangos ( like now as it is the season..... ), chicken ( when a big pollera down the road sells them off cheap, last time 18 pesos la lb ), greens, home made tomato sauce, dough.......
Because I only go to STI like once a month and would like to be able to stock up ( filet of beef, filet of pork, sliced bread, foreign cheese, ice cream......).
When the power shuts off for the last time ( because everyone is dead :laugh: ), I will hook up a banquet fit for a king......

malko

Jan 12, 2013
a chest freezer is what you want - unless truly a deep freezer

here's a start
Shop chest freezers at Lowes.com: Search Results

do I need to suggest 'mudanza'??
Sears Outlet is another good source..MIA

I was hoping to find it here in the dr. My wife is heading to europe to visit my parents and I was hoping to surprise her when she gets back......

Also I specially had a mastercard made before I left, one ucharge up as u go, to limit the impact of fraud ( the "normal " credit card is not affected ).
Anyway amazon blocked the transaction because there is no address ( which is one of the points of said card ), so that was that.
I had even set up a encargopaq account........
It works all the time on EU sites, but apparently US sites need ure address to confirm........ and I am not faxing information to anyone ( no email only fax they wanted.....).

texan

Apr 1, 2014
Was checking the intern3t site of pricesmart. They list only 2 freezers and one ( the bigger one, ie the one thatbis better for me ) is discontinued...
And it is a "order online only" item and they dont list the electrical consumption.

I think what pricesmart has in their store might be different from what they have online. i would check pricesmart in person. I think La Sierena is worth checking out at the different locations might have different ones in stock.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I was hoping to find it here in the dr. My wife is heading to europe to visit my parents and I was hoping to surprise her when she gets back......

Also I specially had a mastercard made before I left, one ucharge up as u go, to limit the impact of fraud ( the "normal " credit card is not affected ).
Anyway amazon blocked the transaction because there is no address ( which is one of the points of said card ), so that was that.
I had even set up a encargopaq account........
It works all the time on EU sites, but apparently US sites need ure address to confirm........ and I am not faxing information to anyone ( no email only fax they wanted.....).

you telephone them to place the order....
it then is NOT an Internet purchase and they just use the card over the phone

check your prices and selection... I bet the buy/ship/mudanza is to your advantage

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
Plaza Lama has a reputation for re-selling warranty repaired US merchandise. Much better Corripio, Pricesmart(membership) or indeed la Sirena

The combined selection of Corripio, Pricesmart and La Sirena will maybe approach half of Plaza Lama has for fridges. Corripio's motto should be: "we have what everyone else has only for 20% higher price". Pricesmart will have maybe 1 fridge and no freezers. La Sirena is hit or miss, mostly miss, highly doubt any of them will carry a freezer. Dunno about warranty repairs, I think if there is a streamlined approach to doing it, all these stores are doing it anyway, - if you want a peace of mind, better ship from the States directly.

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
I live in Santiago and if you wish I will go with you and use my membership card.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
I live in Santiago and if you wish I will go with you and use my membership card.

Great thanks for the offer. I ll be checking around a bit, window shopping.
My wife leaves at the end of the month, so,it wont be before then.

Will PM if needed ( and Ok for u ). Thanks.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I will go to your house the day after your first electric bill after you connect your freezer arrives.
Yo will be dead, your wife will need someone to console her, and I'll eat tour "Chicken & Mangos" TOO!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
"Bill" your invited!!!!!