Mudanzas: Post Your Shipper

Feb 7, 2007
As the title thread states, I would like to start collecting the list of Mudanza/shippers from USA to DR.

If you can, please provide this information on the Mudanza/Shipper company you use:

Name of Company
Contact Person
Phone number
Location (city, state)
Approximate cost for shipping a BOX (CAJA)
Approximate cost for shipping a TANQUE

(prices above considering clothing, food, etc., not expensive electronics)
Approximate time in Transit
Do they consolidate/pack for you
or do you need to give them the complete box/tanque

Let's start gathering this list as a backup option for After-August-15's "Beginning of the End".

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
people must be tired of me saying

Awilda Shipping
Corona/Queens NY & Santiago

NY 718-505-9833

about $35/box and $130 a tanque

average delivery is 3wks... faster in summer, slower before Xmas
I have always delivered mine, so haven't tried consolidating
They pick up in the NYC area

Reactions: rey

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
Forgive my ignorance but could someone explain to me how one uses a Mudanza?

I have no family or friends in the US and as such I wonder if you can buy a box and then have the Mundanza receive my purchases to fill it?

Jan 9, 2004
Forgive my ignorance but could someone explain to me how one uses a Mudanza?

I have no family or friends in the US and as such I wonder if you can buy a box and then have the Mundanza receive my purchases to fill it?

Buy a box....I happen to like boxes over tanks....especially TV boxes (24.5x24.5x28) because large square boxes can hold many smaller square/rectangular ones....and I find using a tank wastes space...but others prefer tanks...as they have a further useful life in the DR.

I take my time buying items at random on sale that I want to ship. I pack the box carefully reinforcing the bottom with duct tape and then packing tape over that (boxes are charged by volume...not weight).

Then I call the shipper who comes to me and picks up the box, asks me generically what's in it, and takes the box and loads it onto the truck. About three weeks later it is at the door of its final destination. Total cost $140.

I do not know Mudanzas who would actualy receive many smaller items, box and then ship.....but if this tax regimen sticks....look for them to expand into that aspect of the business. Seems to me this would be labor intensive for the Mudanzas and there would probably be some additional charges beyond the cost of a box and shipping

To answer Rubio's initial post, I think you would be better off asking for Mudanzas operatng in Florida.....shipping costs and shipping times are probably a lot lower/quicker from Miami....rather than from New York, Boston, etc.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
people must be tired of me saying

Awilda Shipping
Corona/Queens NY & Santiago

NY 718-505-9833

about $35/box and $130 a tanque

average delivery is 3wks... faster in summer, slower before Xmas
I have always delivered mine, so haven't tried consolidating
They pick up in the NYC area

$35?? For a standard mundanza box? Or are you talking about a small random box?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i posted vinicio in the other thread but i'll advertise him again, i hope he gets more business because he is great.

vinicio shipping
in POP:
141 manolo tavarez justo
809 586 8107 and 829 353 1755
in the USA:
1042 N. E. 43th Ct
oakland park, florida 3334
954 563 4552 and 954 226 1503

he only delivers new times a year, maybe every 3 months. box is 35 dollars, tanque is 125 dollars. in our case it is payable upon delivery, not sure how he treats other customers (we've known him for many years). he has boxes and barrels. we ship from amazon and other places directly to him, using our name on the bill. he fills the barrel. delivers to your door. POP area is gratis but i know he delivers as far as SD. probably at an extra charge, i never asked. he may deliver anywhere.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Okay, for those new to mundanzas, they all have a 'standard box' that they will quote a price on. Some give a discount for multiple boxes. This is what they look like:

IMG_0612.jpg

Some shippers give you the boxes, some charge $5 for the box. They are all the same size. The blue plastic drums are not all the same size, we've had different shapes too.

We're shipping out of NJ/NY area. We've been using:

EMBARQUE BELLA VISTA
Address: 1170 Randall Ave, Bronx, NY 10474
Phone:(718) 378-1569

They also have offices in Rhode Island for New England shipping.

They charge $75 for a box, 3 for $200. Call them and ask them where they pick up. For example, there is a Dominican travel agency in Atlantic City where you can drop off your boxes/tanques, pay and get a receipt. There are places all over NY/NJ like that, and Bella Vista picks up the shipments every week or so. The thing I like about Bella Vista is that they use clear stretch film on your boxes, then add metal box strips top/back/sides.

The guy who we used for Bella Vista has recently switched companies, he's now representing:

EMBARQUE CAMDEN [also offices in Providence, RI]
2631 PETTIT RD
PENNSAUKEN, NJ 08109-3644
(856) 225-1580
The guy we use, who picks up the boxes from your house, is Manuel, 609-334-9480 - Spanish only

We've used them for one shipment, no problems. Boxes are $65 from them.

With both [and I think ALL] shippers, you can also send a 50 pound bag of rice and a large jug of oil [I buy the 2.5-3 gallon ones from Sams Club] with each shipment - for free.

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Large & Small"????????
Today the guys like "EPS", and "Encargo Pak" go plead their case before the DR Government "GODS"!
We should know SOON!!!!!!!!
I STILL say it won't be allowed.
If it is, I'm done ordering off the "net"!!!
I'll have "Cesar Cargo" in Boston/Lynn drop off a big box at my sister's house there, order delivery of my internet purchases to her house, she packs the box, "Cesar" picks it up and ships it to me here in SD!!!!!
If they start to "TAX" those boxes too, I won't do that either!!!
If the law goes into effect, the "CURE" will be worse than the "Disease"!!!!!!!
NET LOSS for the DR!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
And in those boxes i can put anything i want beside like tv/computer without beeing taxed?

Any other type of electronics? Blueray, video games, cameras, etc? What if i have small items of a big value?

Expensive Jewelry/watches?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
And in those boxes i can put anything i want beside like tv/computer without beeing taxed?

Any other type of electronics? Blueray, video games, cameras, etc? What if i have small items of a big value?

Expensive Jewelry/watches?

I would NOT put any expensive jewelry/watches/cameras in those boxes. They are sometimes opened [it's a crap shoot] and things can disappear. I've not personally had that happen, but I've heard of others who have. As far as the electronic stuff, we've shipped loads of stuff like that and have never had a problem, even a 20" flat screen tv, but again, you're taking a chance that aduana might choose YOUR box to open, it's random. I pack with a plan - very bottom has some clothing [for cushioning], then I pack the more expensive/desirable items. Anything breakable I pack with clothing [or other fabric things like curtains, tablecloths, sheets, etc.] wrapped around them - i never use bubble wrap because it takes up valuable space. The tops of the boxes are usually filled with cheap stuff, boxes of foods, clothing, etc., nothing they would risk stealing over.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
32"TV, Blu-Ray-- the works, I have shipped

Weber Performer grill coming in the fall......Labor Day Sale.....

AE and I load up on fall sales..... beach gear, all the stuff we need all winter here goes on sale.

I buy coolers at Sears and pack them..... $35 for those I'm pretty sure

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We sent a large Charbroil gas grill down, with the gas side-burner, in the original box from the store. For price comparison, Embarque Bella Vista charged us $100.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
my lawn mower... in box = $110 (~80lbs)

My grill was a bit less....

I figure on that stuff at $100 +/-

free shipping from Lowes to the mudanza and here 'rapido'.... sorry ID

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Montero is a good company - also in New York area.

But didn't I read they were bought out recently? Or am I having a senior moment?