Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Feel good story of the day

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Feel good story of the day

Stopped off at a colmado @ Navas, chose tht one to stop cos it is one of the rare selling botellon of agua cascada ( nowadays all seem to sell International and I am not a fan......).
    Get my 3 botellon de agua, ask for a batida, didnt have any but she made me taste a cranberry/ chinola/ mango juice, which was great....... got into a discussion on juice making.
    As I was about to pay, I saw dark chocolate milkyway!!! Mmmmhhh Dame uno de eso doņa !!!
    Pay and leave, back to house a couple of ks down the road.

30 min later a guy on a motorbike stops off in front of the house, where I was out having a chat.
    "Tu soy 3el novio de la hija rubia de kiki ? " "si" and he throws me a platic bag and takes off.
    In the plastic bag: the milky way I had left on the counter at the colmado.

It put a smile on my face !!!!!

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Now don't any of you mess this up with a feel bad story,..... Please?

3. Likes mido, N/A, redserge, Tracym, Kipling333 and 1 others liked this post
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tommeyers View Post
    Now don't any of you mess this up with a feel bad story,..... Please?
    i have lots of warm feelings for malko and his dogs so i struggled mentally to write something positive. you must know that this is against my nature and i may die if i come in touch even with the slightest amount of optimism. but i am gonna risk my life to say that all recent weeks we have been foraging the land for cajuil fruits and managed to gather and freeze four large bags. today miesposo took them to his mom so she can make dulce de cajuil and give us a good portion of it. so. free fruits and someone else is to do all the hard work that i will benefit from.

now excuse me while i go to lie down,being nice put a strain on my heart. farewell, fellow posters.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Betty Bacall was part Polish......

does that help ???

Lauren Bacall to you.....

Feel better.... you're not the only famous Polak..... forgetting Chas Bronson (him too??)

Seems they have good women under / behind/ in the Iron Curtain - former....

6. Likes redserge liked this post
    On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

DV8 you have my interest are cajuil cashews ( I googled before asking)?

Thanks DV8 I know that was difficult.

8. Likes redserge liked this post
    Moderator - North Coast Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

yes, cajuil is cashew. the fruit looks like that:

nuts are not easy to process so i just collect them and then give them away. the fruit can be cooked with sugar to make marmalade/jam like sweet paste. delicious!

10. Likes redserge liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Today I sorted out my "intra muro" zen garden/////as opposed to the conuco outside the walls.
    I calmly explained to a haitian lady, friend of my wifes, who we employ from time to time to help my wife, ( I am opposed to having regular maid / garden / pool service. ). U can take the platanos on the 3 diffrent trees, they were only there for decoration, but take out the whole tree.
    Just one condition. See those rocks ? On one side there is soil, on the other earth. Keep it that way.
    What was meant to happen, happened. U cant change destiny.

Well I shamefuly admit that I left the whole mess like that for 10 days. Instead of meditating in the zen garden, I relaxed in my empty swimming pool....... ah bliss ( ).

So pool is filling up, slowly, slowly......... sorted out my zen garden.
    Treated myself to home made mango ice cream and thought " lets get the motorbike out !!".

A couple of days before I left for europe end of april/ begining of may, I had a close scare on my motorbike, featuring a dirt road, a cow, a vegetable truck and a piece of real estate of jungle. I got back home very wobbly, wobbly ( me, not the bike ).

So first time back on the bike since then....... got it started more or less ok ( for a punny suziki moto concho type bike that has been sitting there for 3 and half months////// suprised it started to tell the truth......).
    And off I went........ I always forget how great it is to ride on the small road in the dr......... great fun for a couple of hours......

12. Likes Harleysrock, mountainannie, redserge liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=malko;1464781]
    Just one condition. See those rocks ? On one side there is soil, on the other earth. Keep it that way.
    What was meant to happen, happened. U cant change destiny......

Oops-----------read soil on one side pebbles on the other.

14. Likes redserge liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

I rode down to the local village on my motorbike to the carro publico stop. To pick up some books sent to me from a dr1'er ( thanks !!!! ).
    By the way, rode the bike cos the SUv is blocked by 2 sq meters of gravier but thats another story.......
    Anyway, arrived there and a motoconcho pointed out I was missing a screw/bolt on the end of suspension thingy........ happens all the time cos of the vibrations and u are supposesto tighting them up often ( new to me......).
    Anyway motoconchos guys suggested I stop at one of those gomero/garage type thing on the way home ( and told me to pay only around 30 pesos, which is always a good thing to know ).
    A carro publico driver opened his boot and pulled out a bolt and the metal round thing that goes in between ( whatever its called ), a spanner and fixes the bike.
    Great. Thanks.
    And the guy goes off back to his car with the classical "siempre".
    Of course I kind of feel obliged to say something like " Espera, te regalo algo ".
    No, no way, amswers the guy. See u around bye.

It put a smile on my face

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

We went on a camping trip in the mountains, this last weekend.
    "We" as in me, my wife, my BIL and his wife and 3 kids, sobrina and her kid, 2 other muchachas, a friend of the family and her punny dog, the donkey and my rottie, rex ( well I call him T but nobody ever understands ). Oh and also 6 live chicken ( if we carried them up dead themeat would spoil ).

So early 5.00 am start. Off we go. Each time we are better prepared......
    After the river over flow and storm and buckets of rain on the last trip ( long story barely made it away..... ). An owner of a finca proposed us a small house ( well 4 walls a roof and a dirt floor, place they use when they are up tending cacao trees in the mountain ), and its outside kitchen.
    Great.

So spend 3 nights up there. Great time. River, waterfall, very cool temperature under the cacao trees. Perfect.

Owner of the finca stops by to say hello. A few hours later 2 of his workers stop off with a ration of platanos, a ration of rulos (?), a dozen of yautilla (??) white and yellow, a bag of oranges ( the cabarete variaty, one of my prefered ), 2 dozen fresh water crabs and a bunch of big fresh water shrimps ( or crayfish I am not sure )..........

Just like that, for no reason. Out of kindness.......

How is that for hospitality ???

I LOVE THE CAMPO IN THE DR !!!!!!!!!

Further away from the "modern world", big towns and touristy areas, the much nicer the people. ( just my take.....).

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast