matilda

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Matilda View Post
    And Simba?

matilda
    All good, thanks for asking. He is doing great !! Easy-going dog. Wants no part in the dominance game the other dogs live by. Simba is all fun and play. He is back to loving his food.

Will try and post a pic here sometime soon.

Regards.
    Still an aspiring escape artist though and a pollero  so I need to be careful on that front.

3. Likes Matilda liked this post
    Moderator - Ladies Only Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post

Still an aspiring escape artist though and a pollero  so I need to be careful on that front.
    Takes after his father.

mat

Moderator Ladies Only Forum
    www.DR1.com

Post Thanks / Like

I know this post is old but it still gave me my belly laugh for the day. Thank you Malko.

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry Malko, should of said post #96, 01-05-2016.

7. Likes malko liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

My wife promised her SIL, my BIL's wife ( yeah confusing, i know )and her 3 kids, to take her to see her parents above jabaccoa.
    She hadnt been in years.
    It was a thank-you : SIL helps wash a lot of clothes that my wife sells amd buys. And sobrina, who is 12 or 13, helps clean the house and, futhermore, she is the only person who can enter the premises when we are away/late. To feed the animals and the pack of wolves.
    Its quite a sight seeing a 12 year old bossing around 5 beasts ( ok, 4 beasts, Simba is a darling ). 2 of which probably weigh double the kid !!!

So off we go on the 30th of december.
    My pick-up and 2 motorbikes........ cos i refuse more than 5 people in the SUV, 2017 new years resolution.
    Actually it was probably the 29th as we left at 2300 at night ! Why do it the easy way ?

We arrive in jabaccoa around 0100 in the morning.
    For those of you not familiar with jabaccoa, it is said to be the switzerland of the carribean ( or something to that effect , you know, mountains and all ).
    And it is...kind of.
    Imagine a small town in switzerland, decimated by The Plague.
    Then imagine all the dead got back up and started throwimg **** all over the place.
    Then imagine, futher still, that in order to rid the place of Zombies, the Powers in place used long-range artillery to shell the fukc out of the place.
    Then imagine the Powers rounded up a whole bunch of crazies and sent them back to rebuild and repopulate........... with only 2 spades amd a ruler between them.......
    Jabaccoa.......
    Only kidding..... its actually an OK place by dr standards ( is that an oxymoron ?, sorry my bad ).

The only problem is that we are not going to jabaccoa but to la Jagua (?) De jabaccoa.........
    Continue through jabaccoa towards constansa...... there is actually a road now !!! Up the steep, steep road......
    Continue for a dozen kms until the military post....... and then turn off the road onto a track.
    Now, if u think the road was steep........ the track will spill your coffee in its holder.
    All this in the middle of the night, in the pitch dark.....
    Oh and the youngest kid puked into his sisters jumper by this point

......to be continued.

9. Likes bob saunders, rfp liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by malko View Post
    My wife promised her SIL, my BIL's wife ( yeah confusing, i know )and her 3 kids, to take her to see her parents above jabaccoa.
    She hadnt been in years.
    It was a thank-you : SIL helps wash a lot of clothes that my wife sells amd buys. And sobrina, who is 12 or 13, helps clean the house and, futhermore, she is the only person who can enter the premises when we are away/late. To feed the animals and the pack of wolves.
    Its quite a sight seeing a 12 year old bossing around 5 beasts ( ok, 4 beasts, Simba is a darling ). 2 of which probably weigh double the kid !!!

So off we go on the 30th of december.
    My pick-up and 2 motorbikes........ cos i refuse more than 5 people in the SUV, 2017 new years resolution.
    Actually it was probably the 29th as we left at 2300 at night ! Why do it the easy way ?

We arrive in jabaccoa around 0100 in the morning.
    For those of you not familiar with jabaccoa, it is said to be the switzerland of the carribean ( or something to that effect , you know, mountains and all ).
    And it is...kind of.
    Imagine a small town in switzerland, decimated by The Plague.
    Then imagine all the dead got back up and started throwimg **** all over the place.
    Then imagine, futher still, that in order to rid the place of Zombies, the Powers in place used long-range artillery to shell the fukc out of the place.
    Then imagine the Powers rounded up a whole bunch of crazies and sent them back to rebuild and repopulate........... with only 2 spades amd a ruler between them.......
    Jabaccoa.......
    Only kidding..... its actually an OK place by dr standards ( is that an oxymoron ?, sorry my bad ).

The only problem is that we are not going to jabaccoa but to la Jagua (?) De jabaccoa.........
    Continue through jabaccoa towards constansa...... there is actually a road now !!! Up the steep, steep road......
    Continue for a dozen kms until the military post....... and then turn off the road onto a track.
    Now, if u think the road was steep........ the track will spill your coffee in its holder.
    All this in the middle of the night, in the pitch dark.....
    Oh and the youngest kid puked into his sisters jumper by this point

......to be continued.
    Are you trying to say Jarabacoa? Or is this another place?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

So we are on this track, the 5 year old has puked his guts up, its 0200 and pitch dark...... but we are getting there.

We arrive around 0200 ish in the morning..... and wake the parents up.
    Just imagine arriving at your parents at 2 am with your husband, 3 kids, 2 other kids, your SIL and her husband :/ :/
    But its the dr !!!!! The parents were overwhelemed by emotion.

Unpack car. We brought loads of clothes and duvets.
    And gallina, and rice, and avocados, and coffee, and sugar, and soap, and oil, and....and.....and...... even matches !!!!
    Its hard to imagine how people live up there....... and I had allready been. I also live in the campo and know about the hardships of the life in the dr ( no, no, dont worry, dont paypal me, i am fine , I meant my extend neighbours and such ).
    So we get the coffee on and look around for a place to store all the frozen meat.
    Well the fridge was converted into a cuboard -_- -_-.
    Never mind though.... its so friggin cold !!!!!
    And by cold, I mean really, really, really bloody cold.
    Not as cold as back in my Alps, obviously.
    But there again back in the Alps ome expects it to be cold, and dresses accordinly.

Finally aroumd 0400-0430 we settle in for the night, or whats left of it........
    We leave the 2nd bed to the kids, the living room floor to SIL ( hers) and BIL ( mine) ( if you still folllwing lol ).
    We settle for a piece of foam mattress on the floor in front of the front door ( I am not crazy, I dont want the natives slitting my throat while we sleep ). FREEZING !!!! Even with the blankets we brought with us. And my hammock as a pillow ( crazy me thought I could hang it outside ).

The folllwing day we occupy ourselves cooking gallina, hiking around, going down to the river with the kids, dominoes,...etc, etc.......
    Very enjoyable.
    Oh we also fetched a guy, who, supposedly, fixes fridges.
    But no this particular fridge is beyond repair.........

Another night comes and go.
    We are having a nice time, if not a fun time.
    But bear in mind the whole purpose of the trip was for my wife's SIL to see her parents. Even mlre so since her mother is in a bad, bad state

Now did you wonder why she hadnt seen her parents in years ?
    Well because her husband, my BIL is a disgracio and a sinverguenza and drinks all his earnings.
    Anyway..........

12. Likes bob saunders liked this post
    Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Derfish View Post
    Are you trying to say Jarabacoa? Or is this another place?
    Yes, my bad

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

We go once in a while to La Pita, a campo to the right of Paso Bajito and to another campo in El Rio , nest to Ebano Verde Parke. I love in up there. Lots and lots of blosomes at this time of year and Avocados as well. It gets down to 9 or 10 celcius at this time of year but is o so pleasant during the day. Great local coffee as well. Sounds like you had a good time.

15. Likes malko liked this post
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast