New Member, but not new to DR1

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Good morning all! Let me introduce myself; I was born in the DR (SD) and raised in La Romana until the age of 9 at which time my family emigrated to the US. I served in the US armed services and am now a civil engineer in maryland. I have been enjoying the DR1 forums for years now, but never signed up until now because it seemed more enjoyable to read about the trials and tribulations of Expats in the DR.

I fanally decided to join just to contribute one comment to a post a few weeks ago, the getlemean that lost his beloved wife of more than forty years. I was so moved by his story and her exemplariry humanity that i wanted to let him know how lucky he was to have had her. As it stands, i will never ever live in the DR again! Nothing wrong with the island (will visit), it is paradise if all that paradise consist of is the weather, cost of living, and "chicas." However, I need more than that. Law and order for one is nice, justice, and social services for those less fortunate than most. I just can't deal with the corruption!

I hope my native knowledge and my world travels can be of help to those in the forums as I am very opinionated. BTW most of my extended family still resides in the DR. Look forward to adding my two cents $0.2 DR to the forums.

CarpeDReam

Feb 17, 2006
Welcome to the forum. The DR lifestyle in my opinion has a lot of things to make up for the "order" that it lacks. But I respect your opinion on the matter.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
I hope my native knowledge and my world travels can be of help to those in the forums as I am very opinionated. BTW most of my extended family still resides in the DR. Look forward to adding my two cents $0.2 DR to the forums.

In that case you should fit right in. (;))
Welcome.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Welcome to DR1.

One thing not lacking on DR1 is opinionated people. So don't be surprised if you get an argument when you express your strong opinions.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Be Careful, you are giving Dominicans a "Good Name"!!!!!!!
Thank you for your US military service!!!!!!!!!!
I'm retired US Navy, living here for about 20 years now.
It's not so bad here if you have enough money to insulate yourself & family from the Insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cris
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Welcome. It will be fun to have another strong opinion on this site. I look forward to your input. Just remember to bring a thick skin and a sense of humour......Let the games begin!

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Welcome. It will be fun to have another strong opinion on this site. I look forward to your input. Just remember to bring a thick skin and a sense of humour......Let the games begin!

Thanks Matt. Thick skin is standard for me. I don't take anything as a personal issue.

ExDR

Jul 31, 2014
Be Careful, you are giving Dominicans a "Good Name"!!!!!!!
Thank you for your US military service!!!!!!!!!!
I'm retired US Navy, living here for about 20 years now.
It's not so bad here if you have enough money to insulate yourself & family from the Insanity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cris
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

That would be the case CC if I was not so compassionate. Tears me up to see the cruelty to animals and lack of institutional protection for children. While i could live like royalty there, i could never be happy and I refuse to support corruption by paying government employees to do their jobs.