All-inclusive resort in Samana for this weekend?

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
As you guys and gals know, Monday's Labor day in the US. So we're thinking of going to an all-inclusive resort in Samana for two days.

Which one do you recommend? Has anyone seen any sales in Gustazos or MeGusta.do?

Thanks.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
As you guys and gals know, Monday's Labor day in the US. So we're thinking of going to an all-inclusive resort in Samana for two days.

Which one do you recommend? Has anyone seen any sales in Gustazos or MeGusta.do?

Thanks.

If you are interested in Samana City itself the Bahia Principe Samana is very nice. If you are talking about the Samana Peninsula I would go to Las Terrenas. There is an all inclusive very close to Las Terrenas which is Bahia Principe El Portillo. This has a much nicer beach. If you want to be a little more daring and shed the all inclusive, try Hotel Alisie or Hotel Colibri. These have great beach locations and there are many restaurant choices in Las Terrenas.There are direct flights into El Catey (AZS) airport and you are 30 minutes from Las Terrenas or 45 from Samana City.

vmhatup

Aug 18, 2009
Thanks.

That's the first time I hear of Bahia Principe Samana. Is it any good?

I've searched several different sites and the 3 all-inclusive resorts that they all show have been El Portillo, Cayacoa, and Cayo Levantado. El Portillo was very nice the first time, not so much the 2nd time. I still haven't gone to Cayo Levantado. I went to Cayacoa earlier this year and, even though the room and the food were above average, the bars and the beach were not.

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
My wife and I went to Cayo Levantado a few years ago. It has still under construction. Its a small island, take 15 minutes to walk around it. The room, service , food, drink all were good. Very quite place which is good for us old folks. Price now is kinda crazy. There is also a public beach on the island with vendor stalls to visit.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
for a 'hit & run' weekend..... cut down on the travel time

LT is your best bet... closest to airport (el Catey/Samana) and beaches

like 20 minutes from the aeropuerto

KATIEJAY

Aug 20, 2007
We went to Grand Paradise in November for our 25th wedding anniversary..have to say I was a bit disappointed. Food was average at best and service was slow and staff did not seem in the least enthusiastic about their job!! I am not hard to please ..and friendly to all staff!
Must say the highlight of our trip was the excursion to Salto El Limon..sore behind the next day after that horseback ride but worth every peso! Check that off my bucket list!!!

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ha.... tell that to CobraBoy

he fell off into the stream.....

motobikes = good
burros = bad

TWIP Proof-of-Concept Demo

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Thanks.

That's the first time I hear of Bahia Principe Samana. Is it any good?

I've searched several different sites and the 3 all-inclusive resorts that they all show have been El Portillo, Cayacoa, and Cayo Levantado. El Portillo was very nice the first time, not so much the 2nd time. I still haven't gone to Cayo Levantado. I went to Cayacoa earlier this year and, even though the room and the food were above average, the bars and the beach were not.

Cayo Levantado is beautiful but remember you are on an island which many times is overrun by tourists from various tour groups. Bahia Principe is a beautiful resort but remember the beach is small, private, but you are on the bay and not the ocean.