Las 10 ciudades m?s peligrosas y las 10 m?s seguras del mundo

Viajero

Bronze
Dec 16, 2011
Las 10 ciudades m?s peligrosas y las 10 m?s seguras del mundo

"La subregi?n m?s peligrosa es Centroam?rica. Siete de las diez con m?s asesinatos est?n all?. Ciudad de Guatemala, con 116,6; Tegucigalpa (Honduras), con 102,2; Ciudad de Panam?, con 53,1; Kingston (Jamaica), con 50,3; Puerto Pr?ncipe (Hait?), con 40,1; Santo Domingo (Rep?blica Dominicana), con 29,1; y Managua (Nicaragua), con 18,7."

Alltimegreat

Nov 16, 2012
I guess the number of murders in a given city doesn't necessarily correspond with how dangerous that city is for a cautious tourist making a point of avoiding trouble. For the purposes of the people on this forum, random daytime attacks against Americans/Europeans/Canadians (and maybe wealthy Dominicans) might be a more meaningful statistic.

Aug 6, 2006
A sizable percentage of murders know their victims.

The important statistic for travelers would be the homicide rate in which visitors were murdered. Odds are, it would be different from those given.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Now I know...I'll sell my house in The DR and buy me a house in one of these locations which apparently are much safer (Anywhere in Syria, Iraq, Central African Republic, Congo, Libya, Ukraine, South Sudan, Juarez, Reynosa, east st. Louis, etc...)

Aug 6, 2006
Danger does not always involve murder. I would say if you got mugged twice in any city, you would still consider it too dangerous even if they failed to murder you.

Tourists are much more often mugged, swindled or pickpocketed than murdered. Such crimes fit into my list of dangers to avoid.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
The number of murders in any city is affected by trauma medicine. If you live in a city with good hospitals and EMS then the shootings, beatings and stabbings don't end up as murder. The murder rate only partially informs on the safety of a city.