Lunch recommendations on Sosua beach!

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
Can someone recommend a good lunch choice on Sosua beach?

I usually end up having lunch at the Scandinavian bar, which is tough to beat in my opinion, but I thought I should mix it up next I come.

Thanks
MM

texan

Apr 1, 2014
I like Playa Cerunia stall number 169. It is white, red, blue and yellow sign. It is a taller Italian guy and he normally has two dominican waiters with one of them speaking english. I get the grilled fish and a lot of people I go with get the friend fish. Like a lot of the places you can sit close to their place or they have chairs and umbrellas closer to the beach.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
not sure but in the middle of beach pizza..we would have 2 or three...hope its the same...lite lunch delivered...

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
D's ribs are pork and just heavenly.

D's along with Toms Scandinavian bar are the only two places I will eat at, and do so almost every week.

Bob K

Jul 28, 2014
Lunch

Can someone recommend a good lunch choice on Sosua beach?

I usually end up having lunch at the Scandinavian bar, which is tough to beat in my opinion, but I thought I should mix it up next I come.

Thanks
MM

El Valero is good, which is closer to the entrance from Sosua, it can be pricey as they have lobster and such you can order, but otherwise the food is good.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
El Valero is good, which is closer to the entrance from Sosua, it can be pricey as they have lobster and such you can order, but otherwise the food is good.

Doesn't Cubadave own El Valero?
I miss him, he gives great advice.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I have never even seen beef ribs in the DR.

Now that you mention it, you're right........
Beef ribs when prepared properly are delicious..........
I wonder how many other delights I've forgotten about..........

B in Santiago

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
Siggis Beach bar.
Hidden in 2nd row.
Coming down from the stairs in the center of the beach to the right.

Polish/German meals, soups, saucages. You can watch Siggi cooking your food specialy for you while you have a beer.
No Maggi, no sopitas.
Prices are a bargain given the quality you get.
One of the best kept secrets of Sosua.

Alexander

westcan

Sep 10, 2008
Siggis Beach bar.
Hidden in 2nd row.

Polish/German meals, soups, saucages. You can watch Siggi cooking your food specialy for you while you have a beer.
No Maggi, no sopitas.

Alexander

ok now that sounds good. I will have to do some exploring next time on Sosua Beach!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Siggis Beach bar.
Hidden in 2nd row.

No Maggi, no sopitas.

Alexander

What type of Polish food?

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
D's and Tom's Scandanavian are top flight. Don Andres' at caseta 180 +- for the best fish and then finish with a Pina Colada in the Pina from Miguelina at Caseta 178 in her Bar Rincon.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
#163 Bar Bartola. Freddie makes the BEST fish

You are right. Freddy is a top notch guy. He is a Dominican who grew up in Florida. Speaks English and Spanish. He has amazing fish. They bring out a platter of fresh fish and allow you to pick the one you want. COLDEST beer on the beach!

Edit: They also have about 60 free beach chairs with Umbrella's - they bring the drinks and the food out to your chair for you.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I recommend Big D's for Bar-B-Q. He's from Atlanta and understands southern flavor.
Tom's Scandinavian Bar is another good place to have lunch or early dinner.

In case you are wondering (Tamborista) who owns El Valero at 108, the fella's name is Mannie, with one silent partner
in the deal. Mannie was planning on opening a second location in Cabarete but last I heard
it was put on hold over permit issues.

If you want to try a plate of simple yet delicious Dominican food there is a women two doors down to the left (when facing)
Bar Maria. Sorry can't remember her name but she's an excellent cook and charges 125-150 pesos a plate.

Buen provecho!

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Now that you mention it, you're right........
Beef ribs when prepared properly are delicious..........
I wonder how many other delights I've forgotten about..........

B in Santiago

Short ribs at Janets ( and Playero - but not as good ) are beef. And while not the same as BBQ beef ribs - are still very good. We do them Asian/Korean style in a soy/ginger sauce. Wonderful.