another german dies on the north coast?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
https://fantasiafm.com.do/mueren-tr...-por-diversas-causas-en-sosua-y-puerto-plata/

the first was already reported here, the next is the old news we talked about today and the last is new.

En tanto que otro ciudadano alem?n cuya identidad no se obtuvo al momento de redactar esta informaci?n, fue encontrado muerto en el interior de una piscina de una residencia ubicada en la exclusiva urbanizaci?n Bayardo de esta ciudad y al ser examinado su cad?ver que fue hallado flotando el mismo presenta un impacto de bala en la cabeza, por lo que las autoridades presumen que pudiera tratarse de un suicido ya que en el interior de la piscina, se observa un arma de fuego.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Suicide Seems Natural?

.... the next is the old news we talked about today ...
Here it said:
"Mientras que otro alem?n que aparenta ser v?ctima de un homicidio fue encontrado la ma?ana de este viernes..."
So, they stubbornly want that false news to be out again.... :tired:

...and the last is new.
"... el mismo presenta un impacto de bala en la cabeza, por lo que las autoridades presumen que pudiera tratarse de un suicido ya que en el interior de la piscina, se observa un arma de fuego."

Of course.
What else? ;)

donP

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
detras de rumor has more details, including the name, Henning Alfred. Wackernagel:

En Puerto Plata alem?n encontrado con disparo en la cabeza puede ser suicidio

warning: contains pictures.

0a0f1ac.jpg

Owner CEO
Inversiones Gehmlich SRL
Owner CEO
Inversiones Gehmlich SRL
1988 – 2012 (24 years)Puerto Plata, Dom. Rep.

https://www.linkedin.com/profile/vi...64925,VSRPtargetId:162696758,VSRPcmpt:primary

He was a pilot too...

Attachments

• henning-wackernagel.jpg
    henning-wackernagel.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 221
  • fa2963aad.15659992,0.jpg
    fa2963aad.15659992,0.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 73
  • 0a0f1ac.jpg
    0a0f1ac.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 67

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Come on guys, a little respect for the deceased please. Stay on topic and how about some condolences for his family and friends? SMH

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Why do people do this all the time??? Somebody has lost his life in an apparent suicide, we have no clue why he did it, possibly severe depression just like Robin Williams and nobody knew about it, and some people have to be offensive about Germans and raise the topic of Adolf Hitler...WTF??? I mean seriously, have some respect! Whatever your reasons sir, may you rest in peace.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
must have been in the water a long time to be floating. initially you sink until decomposition of stomach contents give off gas and you pop up.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is a tropical country, the process of decomposition is pretty quick.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
Why do people do this all the time??? Somebody has lost his life in an apparent suicide, we have no clue why he did it, possibly severe depression just like Robin Williams and nobody knew about it, .

Why do people go live in 'paradise' and when things may go wrong they kill themselves? They always have the one escape route.. One way ticket back to Europe or USA?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Why do people go live in 'paradise' and when things may go wrong they kill themselves? They always have the one escape route.. One way ticket back to Europe or USA?

this is getting boring. we talked about it many times. some people have no money to go back. no passports. no family or friends to go back to. and most importantly, wherever they go they will always take themselves with them. depression will not go away. health problems will not go away.

some people here totally lack imagination. your answer to everything is "why don't you go back where you come from". understand that this will not help.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
There's a lot of reasons why people, in general, choose to end their lives. Unrequited love, business failure, a failed marriage, being born into an alcoholic family without remedial therapy...all are the supposed reasons that some people choose suicide over resolving their problems. In a lot of Asian cultures, suicide is an honorable way to resolve your problems, but in Western culture, it's considered to be a "cop-out". I'm not sure how Dominicans feel about this solution.

Believe it or not, back in the days it was common for men to commit suicide by putting the guns to their heads when things went totally wrong in their financials. More so when people of high esteem were involved. It was the only way to show that it was not their intended means to get them to that economic position and then so.

Men of business back then only had their word to back them up and when that failed, it was the only way out to keep their families outside of their "descalabro moral".

It was more common in the Cibao than any other part of the country.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
wow amazing! Yes i remember the times when Dominicans from the Cibao stood up their words. Very helpful polite, very hard working etc...
Sadly the politician generation converted this into the contrary and now more you owe more problems the people who lend the money
have. But his is not just a DR problem it is worldwide.
I presume the permanent pressure of success and pretending to have a good life financially is for sensible people too
much to carry if they enter in a squeeze.

Believe it or not, back in the days it was common for men to commit suicide by putting the guns to their heads when things went totally wrong in their financials. More so when people of high esteem were involved. It was the only way to show that it was not their intended means to get them to that economic position and then so.

Men of business back then only had their word to back them up and when that failed, it was the only way out to keep their families outside of their "descalabro moral".

It was more common in the Cibao than any other part of the country.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
I'm not sure how Dominicans feel about this solution.

suicides are a serious problems here,we discussed it few times. broken heart, broken health, broken finances. but also trivial things like school results, false accusations of theft and so on. some suffer from undiagnosed mental problems. for many this is the only choice. for gringos the usual reasons are poor health, financial issues and depression.

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
suicides are a serious problems here,we discussed it few times. broken heart, broken health, broken finances. but also trivial things like school results, false accusations of theft and so on. some suffer from undiagnosed mental problems. for many this is the only choice. for gringos the usual reasons are poor health, financial issues and depression.

I think we should those people to some of the barrios or some other places in the world and they will be blessed that they are still alive!

Life is precious and beautiful and we only have one... after this life its gone! Better enjoy it while you can!

Curacaoleno

Bronze
Apr 26, 2013
this is getting boring. we talked about it many times. some people have no money to go back. no passports. no family or friends to go back to. and most importantly, wherever they go they will always take themselves with them. depression will not go away. health problems will not go away.

some people here totally lack imagination. your answer to everything is "why don't you go back where you come from". understand that this will not help.

You know with all of these reasons you gave me I have like 10 reasons to commit suicide.. But I dont.. Life is precious but it has its ups and downs.. I have seen enough of the world to know that I am blessed to have a good health... and for some reason I am really a lowlife I can always go live in Europa where the government will provide me a small apartment and a little income just to survive.. Millions people on this planet would kill to have that kind of escape!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
if anything,your remarks prove further that you lack imagination. people are individuals. what crushes some, slides off others like water off a duck's back. you do not understand the pain and despair that lead people to take their own lives. i know people who attempted and knew people who succeeded in this last mission. the darkness and suffering can be so intense they overshadow all your pollyanna bullcrap about life being precious and beautiful. to some people life is a sad and lonely affair, filled with desperation and depression.

you do not even know to what lengths people go to kill themselves: drinking poison that burns them like acid, setting themselves on fire or even using industrial saw to cut the body in half. can you even imagine that someone can lead such tragic existence that even the worst death of all is still better than living?

lovemedo

Nov 3, 2013
Rubbish ..he would cease to inspire upon death (obviously). Presumably he was dead before his face hit the water. Therefore he would not have ingested any water into his lungs or stomach. The air in his lungs immediately prior to death would be still present. This is why he is floating.