Real Estate Agent Serving Imbert

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
I am trying to find an agent that serves the town of Imbert. Before I dive into buying something there (yes there) I am trying to get some basic information on pricing of houses there (not a solar). I have hit Google multiple times but only one agent comes up and it appears he covers Sosua for the most part. Kind of time sensitive and very much appreciated.

Michael

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
No idea about a real estate agent....... not many of those around here......

What kind of house ?? Nice house ?? Dominican house ???

If u are there ask around. It is a village, word gets around fast.

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
Functional 2-3 bedroom house that's not falling down. Trying to do my homework before I go there as I know everyone will offer to sell the minute they know there is a buyer (I have zero price basis and want some baseline to work with). Knowledge is power and right now I have none.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Joseph Polimeni Home: 809-970-7886
Cell: 809-465-4946

Italian Resident for over 30 years..........

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
To be clear the "deslinde" is the document that certifies the demarcation of the land lot? If so, who would be in possession of this or is this a document a attorney would order similar to a title search? Thx.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
To be clear the "deslinde" is the document that certifies the demarcation of the land lot? If so, who would be in possession of this or is this a document a attorney would order similar to a title search? Thx.

It's that and more and it takes a long time to get. Sometimes two years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

malko

Jan 12, 2013
But keep in mind LOTS of houses do NOT have deslinde neither title, especially in places like Imbert.

Often in campos people build houses on land that does not belong to them....... abuelo would have asked the local landlord authorisation to build a house on his land, often on the side of the road. Abuelo hands the house down to his son who handed it down to his, who may have sold it to someone else.......
I am not saying buy a house withoot title or deslinde ( quite the contrary ) bit if they cant produce anything, it doesnt necesserally mean they are trying to cheat u........

Why dont u rent for a bit ??? For a couple of thousands pesos u could probably score an ok place ( under Imbert standards:classic: ).

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
I've been renting for my fianc? who lives there and would rather own at this point. She is going to do the house hunting as I can see gringo pricing all over my forehead if I show up too early in the process.

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
I did a search on google. And found to houses that a had a price bewteen 3 to 4 million pesos and then a lot of Fincas.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Even Dominicans are asking about deslinde now, as more and more are aware of stories of people not actually owning property they bought.

Down the road from us lived a man in a house for 30+ years. Years. One day a truck filled with armed military showed up at his house [I think it was his father's home before his] and threw him off the property because someone else had a paper that said it was theirs. Poor guy now rents a little place on the next road.

No one around us has a deslinde. NO ONE. We're the first, started the process last spring, and expect it to take a couple of years. We're missing a tarea somewhere, and have told the lawyer to forget the missing land, not worth the time and expense [and animosity] to find out who has it.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
I dont even know what a deslinde is........
My wife bought 3 diffrent property from the same guy ( local land lord..... ).
We have " Acto de Venta de Inmueble" for each, signed by the seller, us and a notario........ so what 7s that ?? Any idea ?? Is it the deslinde? The title ?
On it it describes the plot of land by cadastrial numbers if they exist, land marks ( road, tree, river ) if they dont. Also has the paid price.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I dont even know what a deslinde is........
My wife bought 3 diffrent property from the same guy ( local land lord..... ).
We have " Acto de Venta de Inmueble" for each, signed by the seller, us and a notario........ so what 7s that ?? Any idea ?? Is it the deslinde? The title ?
On it it describes the plot of land by cadastrial numbers if they exist, land marks ( road, tree, river ) if they dont. Also has the paid price.

With the Acto de Venta... you have to take it and pay taxes. It's not a title, it's kind of a "provisional" title. After you pay any taxes due, they'll issue you a "Carta Constancia", which is a title. With that you are ready to begin deslinde process, which includes a survey [they do it with satellite/GPS now] and when it's done it is absolute proof that you - and only you - own your land.

The deslinde can take a couple of years to complete, at a cost of about $2,000USD, which is why so many Dominican properties don't have them.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
With the Acto de Venta... you have to take it and pay taxes. It's not a title, it's kind of a "provisional" title. After you pay any taxes due, they'll issue you a "Carta Constancia", which is a title. With that you are ready to begin deslinde process, which includes a survey [they do it with satellite/GPS now] and when it's done it is absolute proof that you - and only you - own your land.

The deslinde can take a couple of years to complete, at a cost of about $2,000USD, which is why so many Dominican properties don't have them.

Good grief 2000$ and taxes due ???
A good reason for me not to do it........

But surely no one can challenge the acto de venta....... apart from the seller ( which will not happen in my case..... I hope. ).

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Good grief 2000$ and taxes due ???
A good reason for me not to do it........

But surely no one can challenge the acto de venta....... apart from the seller ( which will not happen in my case..... I hope. ).

I've seen cases where someone comes and says the person who sold the land didn't have the right to sell it. We actually ran into that ourselves, someone tried to say that the person who sold us the land in the 1980s didn't have the right to sell it. Thank God by then we had the Carta Constancia, or we might have lost our house and land. With a deslinde NO ONE can ever touch it.

The taxes weren't that high, don't let those scare you.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
It can also happen to a nice house in Arroyo Hondo!!!
The couple behind me lived in the house for 30 years, THOUGHT it was theirs.
He died, the "General" showed up with his "TITLE" and an order to vacate.
She's gone, house gutted, now sits vacant!
Welcome to "Paradise"!
Best advice I can give is "KEEP RENTING"!
("Herpes" is forever, "True Love" isn't)
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
If you do buy, get a REAL LAWYER to to ALL the "Paper Work", and "PUT THE HOUSE IN YOUR NAME ONLY"!!!!!!!

rms171

Jun 28, 2013
I did a search on google. And found to houses that a had a price between 3 to 4 million pesos and then a lot of Fincas.

Can you give me a site or two to look at? I've done google searches and am not getting tremendous luck on anything in the town I'm looking to buy in.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
To the OP, I did try and ask....

But nobody knew anything about the price of their houses........ people build on family land and they build the house over months.....

What I gathered on rent was : from less than a 1000 to 5000 ( for a block house as opposed to wood, a concrete roof or half of one and big garden ). Th3 houses are rented bare.
Other guy lives in a furnish3d appartm3nt. Luz, water included 10 000 pesos. More modern construction.

Maybe u should consider buying land and building.......