Home building material prices

palmj

Dec 27, 2011
Can anyone tell me what is the price of cement per bag cement blocks per ,steel rods ,sand to mix with cement and
Rocks per load trying to build a home . Needed today's prices thank you

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Too much homework?

Can anyone tell me what is the price of cement per bag cement blocks per ,steel rods ,sand to mix with cement and Rocks per load trying to build a home . Needed today's prices thank you

(...) i will be moving from the us and just doing homework to find out what i need to get once im there

Well,..... :rolleyes:

Prices differ depending on location.
Homework = going to ferreter?as

donP

wayne

Dec 25, 2003
Can anyone tell me what is the price of cement per bag cement blocks per ,steel rods ,sand to mix with cement and
Rocks per load trying to build a home . Needed today's prices thank you
Pricing on some items depends on location. Sand and gravel on the North Coast is 950-1050m3, blocks 21-33 depending on size and quality, rebar about 2300 per quantil (aprox. 100lbs), cement 250-265 depending on brand.

palmj

Dec 27, 2011
I will be building in barvaro area thank you for your help moving there in two months

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Don't worry, building is cheap if you need it to be and so you can cut your cloth, or just leave a second floor off until finances become available.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
You will find the costs of building materials in Punta Cana - Bavaro higher than the rest of the country. The vendors take advantage of the assumed image the area is populated by the rich and the rich can afford the prices they ask. The vendors explain that the cost of transporting building materials and hardware from Santo Domingo warrant the prices. However, the blessing of the Coral Highway has not benefitted the area with a lowering of prices. If you are constucting a single level building, the use of used/recycled rebar may benefit your wallet. You have to shop around on the back streets of the barrios to find it. If you have your own truck you have the advantage of not paying for delivery. If you have to hire a vehicle you lose the price advantage and buying in the ferreterias offers free delivery in most cases.

The better ferreterias, Ferreteria Detallista, Ferreteria Imagin, and Ferreteria del Este/Bloques Alba in Veron will have the materials you may need.

Regards,

PJT

palmj

Dec 27, 2011
Thank you very much for all of your help most of the labor will be from family and I will build as we go along God bless

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
If you are constucting a single level building, the use of used/recycled rebar may benefit your wallet. You have to shop around on the back streets of the barrios to find it.

Curious as to why you say single level? And this is recycled bar from what, buildings that have been demolished?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Curious as to why you say single level? And this is recycled bar from what, buildings that have been demolished?

Pretty common practice in Campo. Infact done it myself, used some of the rebar from the room I knocked down to build a new one. Time consuming and fiddly, but if you have time on your hands and are a tight a$$ with finances, does the job.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002

Yes, it is rebar from demolished buildings. Its structural integrity/strength is not the same as recently forged. It is good for use in single level structures and to reinforce slab concrete at ground level. It is OK for small concrete roofs provided there is sufficient and reasonable support from concrete columns, beams, and sturdy block walls.

Construction over one story may be a risk with recycled product and would warrant the better integrity of unused store bought rebar.

Regards,

PJT

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
Its structural integrity/strength is not the same as recently forged.

I don't see where you get that. It's common practice to cut back concrete and tie into existing bar. Sure, it's crap steel but it's not like it goes bad. If it did, you'd have a lot of concrete failures. The only thing I would caution is re-using bar that hasn't been cleaned properly.

Is all Dominican rebar shipped in?

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
A new one, people arguing the same side of an argument!! Any reason for an argument on here, but this is scraping the barrel.