Where can Dominicans travel for a few months without an immigration hassle?

JayinRD

Apr 18, 2013
hi, I want to take my Dominican girlfriend on a trip somewhere in South or Central America for 2-3 months. I have read the post on countries where Dominicans can go without a Visa. I want to find a country where she can enter without an airport immigration hassle, and then stay with me for 2-3 months. Was thinking of Panama but i know she will need a visa. Anyone have any experience on how hard it would be for a Dominican to get a Visa there...she has no assets,etc. If not Panama, does anyone have any real experience on nearby countries a Dominican can easily enter with or without a visa? I have eliminated many countries as most flights require connection thru Miami which I realize would be a problem.

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
hi, I want to take my Dominican girlfriend on a trip somewhere in South or Central America for 2-3 months. I have read the post on countries where Dominicans can go without a Visa. I want to find a country where she can enter without an airport immigration hassle, and then stay with me for 2-3 months. Was thinking of Panama but i know she will need a visa. Anyone have any experience on how hard it would be for a Dominican to get a Visa there...she has no assets,etc. If not Panama, does anyone have any real experience on nearby countries a Dominican can easily enter with or without a visa? I have eliminated many countries as most flights require connection thru Miami which I realize would be a problem.

South America Colombia, Caribbean Cuba, Central America its suppose that we can go without visa to Hondruas, Nicaragua, Guatemal, but better confirm first because I was in the bank and there was 2 persons from a protestant church talking about they was rejected for the Visa from Guatemala.

Turkey you can apply for electronic visa, Israel no visa, Iraq no visa, Egypt No visa, also Japan and Hong Kong.

My sugestion is when you confirm where you will go ask to the consulate in Santo Domingo if still we can go there without visa. Last one that added Dominicans into a the Black List was Uruguay, starting July 2014 all Dominicans needs visa to go there.

Soon we will need visa to go even our bathroom.

Good luck

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
Colombia is an option, plenty to see. You can fly into Bogota and stay there 2 or 3 days, visit Monserrate. From Bogota you can take a flight to Cartagena or Medellin. Just be aware that at the airport they'll be a little annoying with when checking that you are clean (as in no drugs). Coming back from there airport security made a tiny hole in my bag grrrr

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Colombia is an option, plenty to see. You can fly into Bogota and stay there 2 or 3 days, visit Monserrate. From Bogota you can take a flight to Cartagena or Medellin. Just be aware that at the airport they'll be a little annoying with when checking that you are clean (as in no drugs). Coming back from there airport security made a tiny hole in my bag grrrr

Make sure be first in line for the checkin and go inside inmediatly, they send all dominicans to inmigration department in Dominican Republic at the airport to make a lot questions, so that way you will have planty of time to answer all that they want, after that they make a copy of your passport and signed, then you can go in peace and have fun.

They way back also they will send her to check what she bring. I have the experience that they ask you if you are coming from colombia.

I went to Medellin in 2011, and was great trip.

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
2-3 months is a long vacation. Hope you find a decent destination your Dominicana will like for that amount of time. I would go to Cuba for 2 weeks but bringing the novia would be like bringing sand to the beach.

SugarMorena

Mar 24, 2013
Make sure be first in line for the checkin and go inside inmediatly, they send all dominicans to inmigration department in Dominican Republic at the airport to make a lot questions, so that way you will have planty of time to answer all that they want, after that they make a copy of your passport and signed, then you can go in peace and have fun.

They way back also they will send her to check what she bring. I have the experience that they ask you if you are coming from colombia.

I found TSA to be more annoying than the Colombian security. I was in Bogota, Cartagena and Medellin in 2009.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I was talking yesterday to a guy, retired white American, who has a Dominicana and is planning on taking her to Dubai. He said her permit was no problem. He told them he was planning on seeking residency and hiring her as a maid. Said it went thru without a hitch.
Der Fish

so there are direct flights from SD to Dubai now? That might really give an opening for a hub to the far east, no? I always wondered about how Dominicans without US or Shenghen visas could GET to some of these countries

here is an old list of airlines that fly to the DR http://dr1.com/forums/airline-info/49986-airlines-fly-dominican-republic.html

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I believe that any country other than the US does not require a Visa to connect to another flight. I have taken Copa many times with my girlfriend connecting and there is never any problem.

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
Yes you can connect with Copa to anywhere they go without clearing customs. Columbia and Ecuador are going to be two of your best options that are doable. Too bad Turkish Air doesn't fly to SDQ.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
This is so sad. Really. The problem is that even when there are places that you think that Dominicans MIGHT be able to go, they actually cannot get there since there are no connecting flights where they do not have to have a Visa.

There is a reason it is made impossible for those without Visa to leave their prison, or Island (pretty worthless, nothing to lose). Have you seen the numbers of those who are legal are shipped back in?

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Getting a visa for most countries for a Dominican is not a big deal. The only thing hard is when your GF in the DR happens to fall lower than middle class.

Nowadays the second visa a Dominican gets when renewing at the U.S. consulate is a 10 year B1/B2 on the spot.

Economics play the larger part on where a Dominican citizen can get a visa with ease to.

Feb 7, 2007
Too bad Turkish Air doesn't fly to SDQ.

They (Turkish) were thinking of opening up a mini-hub in SDQ or PUJ, for the Caribbean and Latin America - something similar that Iberia had going on in Miami.
http://www.immigrationexpertsblog.c...urkish-airlines-wants-hub-dominican-republic/
http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/n...es-considering-santo-domingo-for-americas-hub

I guess it got scrapped up as so many plans before and after ...

I have the experience that they ask you if you are coming from colombia.

LOL went to Medellin in May. When coming back, the DGA guy asked me "where are you coming from"
I said "Medellin"
he asked "why are you coming from (this) side and not from (that) side of baggage belt?"
I said "I only have carry on"
he looked me up and down, and said ... OK

... and that's it LOL

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
They (Turkish) were thinking of opening up a mini-hub in SDQ or PUJ, for the Caribbean and Latin America - something similar that Iberia had going on in Miami.
Turkish Airlines wants Air Hub in Dominican Republic
Turkish Airlines considering Santo Domingo for Americas hub - ch-aviation.com

I guess it got scrapped up as so many plans before and after ...

LOL went to Medellin in May. When coming back, the DGA guy asked me "where are you coming from"
I said "Medellin"
he asked "why are you coming from (this) side and not from (that) side of baggage belt?"
I said "I only have carry on"
he looked me up and down, and said ... OK

... and that's it LOL

More funny is what they do to me in La Romana I was going to take a flight from there in December 2012 and they stoped me, asked where Im going, and while checking the stamps saw the stamp from Colombia and asked me have you been in Colombia, I said yes in January 2011, the woman called another guy and told him send somebody to bring his suitcase he was in colombia, and send me to make a test in my body, took me to the small room to check my suitcase and ask a lot question, they guy that was checking ony said here there is nothing in Sad tone, they was hoping to find something, Im sorry for them Im not that kind of guys.

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv

Last year my wife, who was fiance at the time, and I stayed in Medellin for three months. We also traveled to Bogota and Cartagena as well as seeing the country towns outside of medellin like Guatape. Ecuador also doesn't require a visa, but I am sure soon all countries will.

We had been to Uruguay, Chile and Argentina before visas were required. She has been to Mexico, Brasil, Panama, Jamaica, Peru with visas and they were not too difficult to get. Before the endo fo this year we are planning on Costa Rica, Aruba and Curacao.

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
I was talking yesterday to a guy, retired white American, who has a Dominicana and is planning on taking her to Dubai. He said her permit was no problem. He told them he was planning on seeking residency and hiring her as a maid. Said it went thru without a hitch.
Der Fish

What's the significance of the white American??