Restaurants

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
We are looking for new restaurant recommendations . We had recently heard of Tronco Beach. Has anyone
been there yet? Anything new around ... Not looking for another tourist trap (which Punta Cana full of) for the
unsuspecting. Really would like suggestions for Dominican comida. Heard of a dominican restaurant near or
in Los Corales or maybe Cortecito but do not know name. Anyway I am really interested in getting recommendations. Thank you.

spmanger

Aug 7, 2013
We are looking for new restaurant recommendations . We had recently heard of Tronco Beach. Has anyone
been there yet? Anything new around ... Not looking for another tourist trap (which Punta Cana full of) for the
unsuspecting. Really would like suggestions for Dominican comida. Heard of a dominican restaurant near or
in Los Corales or maybe Cortecito but do not know name. Anyway I am really interested in getting recommendations. Thank you.

Try Balicana in Los Corales, good food and atmosphere.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Dominican food:
Have you tried Carbon in Punta Cana Village?
Yeya on Coco Loco (across from the petrol station) is supposed to be good.
There is/was a place in Friusa called Auyama
The place near Los Corales might be La Posada de Gladys

Pastrata in B?varo, on the main road between Los Corales and Cortecito, seemed really good - Italian and Mexican menu, Mexican owner/chef, some "Caribbean" dishes on the menu:

https://www.facebook.com/pastrata

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Thanks Chiri for your suggestions But the one I must take issue with is Carbon. Total total ripoff and it is food made for gringos. They have also been cited for ripping off customers not that long ago. I know the owner who also has Brot next door. Except maybe for Mama Luisa and Accento Bistro ... My advice is to stay away from all those hustlers in PC Village. I will definitely go
to La Posada de Gladys. Everyone seems to say good things.

rubenpriego

Feb 28, 2011
La Posada de Gladys is ok, typical Dominican food, but dont you expect superb, multiple choice dishes. As usual: fried chicken with rice, or cooked chicken with rice, rice with beans, platano frito and jus a bit more dishes like that ...
But a good place to get the dominican atmosphere, I was used to go there every day after lunch to have a 5 pesos cafecito and talk to locals ...

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Turn right after the bakery and follow signs to Flavio Acu?a's spa which is on the other side of the pool to Balicana, or ask one of the security guards.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Best Pollo Frita is "El Buren" for lunch right after BPD's main branch... you'll see the sign... lunch for two, regular drinks, big portions of food including rice and beans on the side 600 peso... you wont see any gringos in there and its clean kitchen..

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Cash only or credit/debit restaurant

We are looking for new restaurant recommendations . Really would like suggestions for Dominican comida. Anyway I am really interested in getting recommendations. Thank you.

Are you looking for a Dominican blue collar, rice and beans and chicken, laminated menu card or buffet, Presidente, cash only restaurant ? Or .....are you looking for a middle class or tourist type sit down, menu book , beer & wine list, pay by credit card or debit card location ?

Regards,

PJT

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
What could you mean ... "just the chosen ones". A restaurant is a restaurant is a restaurant.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Please please plain old Dominican delicious pollo y habichuelas etc. no ridiculous greedy bad cooking tourist place and No Buffet ever for us. Actually just like El Buren. El Buren is perfect spot for really good food.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
on the way to monte christy there's a restaurant that specializes in goats....funny how they are in the middle of a desert...all was good...roast goat fried, baked...we had it all and for me roast goat that day...
the place is right next door to another restaurant...competition? but the one we went to was on the western side....

Syork

Sep 5, 2004
One of my favorite places for pollo is Solo Pollo, down the road from Punta Cana Medical Center. Excellent roasted chicken, rice and beans and salad. Always very busy and the food is always good!

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
One of my favorite places for pollo is Solo Pollo, down the road from Punta Cana Medical Center. Excellent roasted chicken, rice and beans and salad. Always very busy and the food is always good!

Next time you're there, ask for the fried chicken wings. It's not on the menu, but if they have it, you'll thank me later.