Video and Alarm System

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
First I hope that I am posting in the right section, if not MOD's please move to correct section. I need the contact information for a company(A Reliable One....LOL) that installs video cameras and home alarm systems in Santiago. Thanks in advance.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
this is a guy who installed ours:

we used a guy from santiago to do our system. not the cheapest but trustworthy. and you cannot put a price on that. jv&c soluciones electronicas.
name is eriel vargas, 809 649 5616 or 809 416 0677 or 829 429 6985. email is eriel24v@hotmail.com
cameras, alarms, sensors, full setups.

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
DV8 Thanks I spoke to him and he is the first Dominican that told me what I was asking for was too much that he could recommend a cheaper system that actually does more for the money.......Are you sure he is Dominican?.....LOL

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Last year, I brought down a set of "faux security cameras" and placed them on the walls of the Balcony and Terrace at my condo in Punta Cana. They must have looked very realistic, because the neighbor across the lawn got ballistic when he saw them flashing and actually broke one of them....come to find-out he was dealing drugs or something illegal and was evicted shortly after that...lol

I'd be very leery about "faux security" anything. First of all, I think it screams out to crooks "hey, those people must have some good stuff in there for them to spend money on security", and secondly, if you don't have the real thing you could be in trouble when they do break in.

I'm more inclined to try to meld into the surroundings and not draw any attention to myself or my house. So far so good.

I hope I didn't just jinx myself.

One thing we did do was install a motion detector near the front door that has a very annoying shriek if anyone walks by it. Our house is wide open all day, front & back doors, and we're usually out back. We turn it on when we know we'll be out on the terrazzo for a long time, just to warn us if someone does walk into the house.