DCDR needs Travel companions for dogs to Toronto or Boston

Dogs & Cats of the DR have many rescued dogs that have forever homes in Canada and the US waiting for pups but we need your help being their travel companions from POP (Puerto Plata) to Toronto or Boston. All fees involving the dogs are covered.

The doggies will travel with you on board in a doggy carrying case and will have someone waiting at the other airport to pick them up.

10653380_10204692235455429_5933262802989342015_n_zpsab0c029a.jpg Photo by domgringo | Photobucket

For more info please see the website www.dogsandcatsdr.com

Thank you all! Woof woof!

P.S. If you open the link the picture of Connie on the left is one of the dogs we are fostering, she is the sweetest!!

Coyote2

Oct 16, 2012
Be aware that Canadian Authorities are clamping down on "Rescue" dogs being brought into the country as there are over 6 million "Strays" in pounds around Canada wanting adoption! Some recent people that openned their hearts to take "rescue Dogs" found they were in the firing line at Canadian customs despite have all the correct papers for the dog.

Be Aware !

Coyote Too

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Now that I think about it, coyote has a point......

What is the logic behind taking stray pups out of the dr ?? It's a real question, nothing sarcastic. Maybe some countries are dog deficent?? ( but I kinda doubt ).

Also, imagine being abducted from ure hot and sunny homeland, sea, sex and sun...... and taken away to a far unkown distant land. Snow, 6h of sunlight a day, ice, cold, caribou meat....... poor, poor doggies ( and on arrival they will probably have their balls snipped off :classic: ).

Well the dogs for instance that I am fostering were abandoned in our barrio, so they will have a great home in the US or Canada. It is a lot harder finding good homes for them here.

I am sure being spoiled in a sweater with no balls is a better option than being stuck in the DR trying to survive!

At least there are tons of shelters in NA, no kill where I am from. It's sad all around, I don't like seeing any homeless dogs :-(

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
wow, some people can never be happy, eh? you'd save them from the fire and they'd say: "damn, you got soot on my ed hardy t-shirt!" who did you help today?

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
wow, some people can never be happy, eh? you'd save them from the fire and they'd say: "damn, you got soot on my ed hardy t-shirt!" who did you help today?

Be aware that Canadian Authorities are clamping down on "Rescue" dogs being brought into the country as there are over 6 million "Strays" in pounds around Canada wanting adoption! Some recent people that openned their hearts to take "rescue Dogs" found they were in the firing line at Canadian customs despite have all the correct papers for the dog.

Be Aware !

Coyote Too
I see from your great number of posts that you are well acquainted with the DR and this board. If you have such recent knowledge why didn't you speak up before? There is always someone stirring the pot for the dog rescue volunteers, and the people who are willing to be helpers whether it be for travel or not! I personally travelled with a rescue puppy to Canada and had no issues whatsoever!!!! Are we supposed to wear signs that say oh hey!!! check me out I have a rescue puppy. How dumbass can you get????? You are travelling with an animal that has it's correct papers and nobody asks you if this is your dog or not!!!!! Great job everyone who is in the trenches each and everyday making life bearable for these precious creatures... Thank you for the effort and putting up with the B$ that happens all the time! Having been here and done that I know the importance of making a difference!!!!!

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Now that I think about it, coyote has a point......

What is the logic behind taking stray pups out of the dr ?? It's a real question, nothing sarcastic. Maybe some countries are dog deficent?? ( but I kinda doubt ).

Also, imagine being abducted from ure hot and sunny homeland, sea, sex and sun...... and taken away to a far unkown distant land. Snow, 6h of sunlight a day, ice, cold, caribou meat....... poor, poor doggies ( and on arrival they will probably have their balls snipped off :classic: ).

There are so many wonderful stories of Dominican dogs ending up in their forever homes - in Canada especially. Loving the snow and their new families

Malko : in spite of your disclaimer - you are in fact QUITE sarcastic and make light of the excellent work these groups do.

You, I think, also have a point - on the top of your head

Spicedwine

Apr 25, 2006
Take a pill Jim, you know that I don't whine.... I usually just do what needs to be done, without the adulation of the masses.... but never mind that it was less than 3 months ago.