Dominican coffee in Toronto??

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Next time, do like I do and return to North America with a 30 inch checked bag FULL of 1 lb. bags of my favorite brew. If I don't drink it all, I give it as presents...everyone thinks the stuff is like gold!

We do the same thing, but this doesn't help youngseniors right now.

I know that Cafe Santo Domingo is sold in Canada, sooner or later someone will post where.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
yes it is.... a Cdn group from RD's east coast - McLay is their name...import and sell in Canada

start googling - you'll find it

Tom McLay

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
he does post here... thats how I found him....

maybe not so much any more... but he can be here sometime

Actually, we had a thread if any of the resident experts can dig it up.
it was coffee and i went back/forth with him - we're from the same Cdn town , London ON

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Nice fetch, BB... but thats not the one where the Santo Domingo coffee man (McLay) pops up.

somewhere else I guess....

Thats MY thread... I still drink the Monte Alto when mi esposa is in residence -- the choco one when she isn't.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
My sister travels here frequently and fills up an entire suitcase with whole grain Santo Domingo coffee.
We once went to Colombia together and she packed the suitcase with Colombian coffee and said there was no comparison, she preferred by far the Dominican brand. They put them in the freezer.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast

SosuaSam

Jan 4, 2010
I have seen Santo Domingo coffee at one of the Latin groceries in Kensington Market on Augusta Ave. i think it was mentioned earlier by someone else.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Call before you go - according to their FB page it looks like they're only open in summer, they closed Sept 1 last year.

Its quite hike from Toronto... and yes.... things slow down fast up there in the fall

snow in October for sure and all the summer residents are gone after Labor Day

Take a look at the chairs -- you may think those are Adirondack chairs

no, no no..... Canadians won't call them that ...Muskoka chairs those are
from the local region of that name

A duplicate in every way - except name

Must have been the War of 1812.... Ticonderoga etc.... no more Adirondacks

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
They have SD cafe on Amazon (not sure if the same items are available to our canuck neighbors though).

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
you weren't going to drive up there anyway..... dead end street this time of year

order from the website we gave you....

have fun

torontiago

Dec 14, 2013
"Gustitos de mi tierra" on Jane a block north of Sheppard carries cafe Santo Domingo and maaany other dominican products that I havent seen anywhere else in Toronto.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
. AlternativeGrounds in Toronto used to sell organic coffee from Barahona (polo) and if not they sell super good coffee from Central America.
Cafe Santo Domingo
(416) 242-6677
1562 Weston Road Toronto, ON M9N 1T3 You could also phone and ask them if they know

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Lately been craving DR coffee and have run out of my stash:cry: Anyone know where I might find it in Toronto?

Not sure if you will find Dominican coffee in Toronto but in the coffee section of your market there should be coffee labelled as cafe latino. This is very similar in strength to what you will find in the DR. The grounds are very fine, almost like those used for espresso. You could also find a latino grocery store and they will also have a selection there. Good luck.