A couple of questions

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
Sorry if I have missed this info - but when is Jolly Roger likely to be re-opneed? Will it open with the same theme or something different?

Does anyone has any good experiences to eat at MIdtown?

Thanks

Milo Mitt

Jul 21, 2014
I have been to Britannia Pub for breakfast and lunch and I like the place. Will try the Shepherd's Pie next time.

I liked to have a couple of beers at Jolly in the evenings so that is why I asked if the place will be open later in the autumn.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
The Jolly Roger should be open late September early October but contact Patti or Kelly for an update. I believe it will be what it was and even much more as they are adding a story and bringing in some professional(Canadian) help to finish the inside. Kelly is an accomplished artist with the airbrush to make the interior even better than it was. No I am not a cheerleader just a part time DR resident who is a loyal optimist. They are decent people who do a lot for the local community and make old and new expats feel welcome in Sosua.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Sorry if I have missed this info - but when is Jolly Roger likely to be re-opneed? Will it open with the same theme or something different?

Does anyone has any good experiences to eat at MIdtown?

Thanks

Well until Antica Locanda also burnt down - 2 doors from Jolly Roger ( also another "Electrical Fire" ? ) that would have been our recommendation. Great pastas and sauces, at really good price. Try Pasta Mama on Dr. Alejo Martinez, next to Coco Hotel. I guess you can tell we like good Italian !

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
Kelly is planning on opening Jolly Rodger by Halloween. So look for a late October opening. Construction is going on at a good pace and it will be quite the place when opened.

Bob K

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
I have eaten at Midtown several times and really like it. The food is very good, there's a nice relaxed atmosphere and Alan, the owner, makes you feel very welcome!