Concho prices in sosua

Jennifer

Jul 9, 2002
Planning to be there in November '14 and need to know what a short trip in el Batey costs, or a trip to Charamicos from Banco Popular, or a trip on the guagua from Sos?a to Cabarete, any help would be great. Can't wait, need the ocean.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Planning to be there in November '14 and need to know what a short trip in el Batey costs, or a trip to Charamicos from Banco Popular, or a trip on the guagua from Sos?a to Cabarete, any help would be great. Can't wait, need the ocean.

Figure RD$25 Sosua to Cabarete publico/guagua before 6, a little more at night.

Around Sosua the moto concho rate seems to be RD$50. Don't know what it is from the bank to Charamicos.

BermudaRum

Bronze
Oct 9, 2007
50rd for moto in the day. They will try 100rd at night, tell them 50rd is all u have. Even the taxis at night will not double their fee along the highway.... Gua Gua for Sosua - Cabarete I think is 25RD...

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Let me correct the information I posted.

In Sosua, the charge depends on where you are going. It can be as low as RD$25 and more than RD$100. If a moto concho goes from El Neptuno, where I live, to Playero, the charge is RD$25 each way. But it will likely be more if you go further.

Of course if they don't know you, expect to pay more.

To go from Banco Popular to Charamicos, i'm told the charge is RD$50. This is more than you would pay if you walked to the highway and took a guagua or publico to Charamicos, but the moto concho will take you to your destination.

It is a nice along the beach to Charamicos, and there is no charge for that.

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
Charamicos from Banco Popular = 25 pesos
Sosua abajo to somewhere in Sosua abajo = 25 pesos
Sosua abajo to Sosua hill = 50 pesos

at night double these amount

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
never say a concho that you go to a bank, say you go near a bank, wait a little and then enter the bank

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Does anyone have any idea how much it costs for a pencil in the supermarket in Sousa. Just a regular #2 pencil, nothing fancy. Also, if I drove to Puerto Plata, would I get one cheaper there....??

Here's a deal you can't pass up................
Forget Puerto Plata..........
Drive to Santiago and I will give you 3, #2 pencils FOR FREE..............
And, I'll toss in a free t-shirt that will say........
"I drove from Sosua to Santiago for 3 free pencils"............:p

B in Santiago

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I order mine on Amazon.com.
60 at a time.
Farber Castle brand, they sell a lot of garbage school supplies here at HIGH prices.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

MpJuly

Apr 30, 2009
go to Ikea santo Domingo there are plenty of free LOL

Does anyone have any idea how much it costs for a pencil in the suoermarket in Sousa. Just a regular #2 pencil, nothing fancy. Also, if I drove to Puerto Plata, would I get one cheaper there....??

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Here's a deal you can't pass up................
Forget Puerto Plata..........
Drive to Santiago and I will give you 3, #2 pencils FOR FREE..............
And, I'll toss in a free t-shirt that will say........
"I drove from Sosua to Santiago for 3 free pencils"............:p

B in Santiago

Oh Snap ! I want a t-shirt too !
How much would a concho be from LT ?
Of course, I would withdraw money to pay the fare before the trip.

sosuamatt

Bronze
Jul 29, 2013
Does anyone have any idea how much it costs for a pencil in the suoermarket in Sousa. Just a regular #2 pencil, nothing fancy. Also, if I drove to Puerto Plata, would I get one cheaper there....??

We bring several hundred pencils every January to Sosua as well as other school supplies. I will save you a couple for free when we get there. I also sharpen them as a bonus....for free.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
DR1 is a fun and generous community.

Now, allow Chip to pray that Lucky Raaay will share a pencil or 2 with the OP.

Amen :)

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
strike the conchos...dont use them for a certain day...they will think twice about raising their fare....

May 29, 2006
I understand ~the fare from Sosua to Cabarete is a No. 2 Farber pencil..

I'll be bringing down some school supplies on my next trip for handouts. You can get a gross of golf pencils for about $10 at Home Depot and 50 cent carpenter pencils last for a month..

wrecksum

Bronze
Sep 27, 2010
Sooo,
If I understand correctly,

You pay one pencil and get a free rubber on the end of it...

Have I got it right now?