S?per Pola in Las Terrenas

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I hope you will give us a report DonP, once it opens.

Lindo made a hole in my wallet this summer when I came down with my tribe.:dead:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Same company as La Sirena.
They are good!
Lots of SALES!
Wed. is fruits & Veggies sale day!
Good Deli section.
Meat dept. not as good as National/Jumbo.
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Changing Market

Lindo made a hole in my wallet this summer when I came down with my tribe.:dead:

SM Lindo will lose a lot of customers.
Whether the few French items that they carry exclusively will be sufficient for survival remains to be seen...

SM Atlantico will probably not go out of business.
Their prices are competitive and I found quite a number of items there cheaper than in La Sirena, SFdM.

SM Las Terrenas ("Rey") will have to struggle and probably disappear in the long run.

Vamos a ver.... :bunny:

donP

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
CHEVAS REGAL IS IRRELEVANT TO MOST OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sirena/Polas prices are not inflated for the DR.
Their, SPECIALS, are very good.
I shop for 8 people who live in this house,and too many who just think we are running a SOUP KITCHEN,so I KNOW PRICES!!!
I check the supermarket ads everyday.
I shop for the Specials on the staples, and then Stock Up.
It makes a huge difference at the end of the month.
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
CHEVAS REGAL IS IRRELEVANT TO MOST OF US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sirena/Polas prices are not inflated for the DR.
Their, SPECIALS, are very good.
I shop for 8 people who live in this house,and too many who just think we are running a SOUP KITCHEN,so I KNOW PRICES!!!
I check the supermarket ads everyday.
I shop for the Specials on the staples, and then Stock Up.
It makes a huge difference at the end of the month.
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

An Extreme ccccccCouponer?

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
A little Scotch goes a long way to create happiness...:cheeky: Just be careful if using a Debit or Credit Card for purchases at Super Pola...my Visa was scammed TWICE at the store in P.C....apparently their processor is not the most honest in the D.R......

Good to know !

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Strange Sales Slip

Did you check your Lindo 'facturas' ??? .... :confused: :mad:

Can you help me understand mine?

DSCF3803_zps7c5113c4.jpg

donP

Last edited:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
My Fault

Can you help me understand mine?

DSCF3803_zps7c5113c4.jpg

All right, in the other thread I was enlightened.
I misread the price of the bread to be 60 Pesos.
However, with good eyesight (or in my case a magnifying glass) it says 68 Pesos.
So, all my fault!

donP

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
After about 16 years, and at least 16 fraudulent charges from here in the DR, I no longer use any PLASTIC!!!!
No more Charges since then!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I admit i am plastic idiot DonP :)

Never had anything fraudulent, again i only use it SM Lindo. Knock on wood, no fraudulent charges yet. In my defense, always charge a lot more than 198 pesos, lol

Stefan1983

Nov 6, 2013
She-man from the Lindo did not let me change a product that I bought by mistake this week, even though I bought it 1 hour before and had the receipt. Nice timing to act like that to a customer. Sep. 25th is what I heard the Pola is opening, can't wait!

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Not Customer Friendly

She-man from the Lindo did not let me change a product that I bought by mistake this week, even though I bought it 1 hour before and had the receipt.

Lindo is not customer friendly indeed.
My wife had bought a prepacked cheese and unpacking it found it all mouldy underneath.
We did not want to drive down from our hill the same day and so they cunningly refused a refund the next day.

Sep. 25th is what I heard the Pola is opening, can't wait!
Noted in my calendar! :bunny:

I predict that once S?per Pola opens Lindo is phugged.

donP

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I bought some mouldy cheese from Lindo as well.. and it was Cracker Barrel Cheddar.. unopened.. I did not check the expiration date but it must have been WAY out of date, I mean that stuff lasts for months before it goes moldy. I did not bother to try to take it back, since it was unopened and you know, ze French, zay would just say it was a lettle mold, zhat is good for you, no? and on ze chese? eh!?

But Lindo carries the best dark chocolate on the island, from France, the Cote D'ivoire which I have yet to find anywhere else.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Competition is Deserved

... Lindo carries the best dark chocolate on the island, from France, the Cote D'ivoire which I have yet to find anywhere else.

It's true they have some items from France and other European imports for which we buy there.
If that is enough to keep them afloat is hard to say.

Although they were welcomed (as 'T?o Billy') as the first good supermarket in Las Terrenas, their attitude towards customer service has left a lot to be desired. :disappoin

Bienvenido S?per Pola! :bunny:

donP

Playero

Aug 24, 2006
But Lindo carries the best dark chocolate on the island, from France, the Cote D'ivoire which I have yet to find anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

check out the Excellence Noir chocolate from swiss chocolate maker Lindt, you might change your opinion,
Punto Italia in L.T. carries it...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Carrefore has TONS of French products!
And at good prices, Their FRENCH!!!!!!
In SD.
HUGE food, & dept, STORE!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC