possible issues of renting a shop to sell things...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
hello,
there is a small local for rent at 1000 pesos per month under where i live. it is 10 feet long and 6 feet wide. has a glass door, no window, and a metal roll down lock door for night time.

so... i was wondering if there would be any issue of me renting it. Of course the owner has no issue renting it to me. But I was wondering if it would be an issue for me. here with turiste entery card and a flight out in a year. no working visa. would it be an issue for me to put a kats fashion sign above and sell Little things like rings necklaces, sandals. all fantasy things. 200 peso and less, crap that i know they would buy.

seems like 80% of dominicans sell stuff out of their drive way, ice cream , hair sal?n, nail sal?n. etc..... is a permit needed? if not needed for them... would it be needed for me?

thank you

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
would i get deported? if the dgii find me.

there isnt any one near me that has the same kind of shop i would be wanting to open. i dont think id be stealing anyones costombers. maybe the low Price would attract alot of people and get me selling alot, and make them jelous that they have the same old paca clothes from the 1990s in there drive way that they cant sell for even 25 pesos.

the owner of the local is my bfs father. maybe there could be a way to register it in someone elses name, and id be just the person looking over the shop(not really an employee). i dont live on a Street near to much action. the poepl that pas by are the ones who lives really close.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Open up and quit worrying. You are not competing with La Sirena or Nacional.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
would i get deported? if the dgii find me.

there isnt any one near me that has the same kind of shop i would be wanting to open. i dont think id be stealing anyones costombers. maybe the low Price would attract alot of people and get me selling alot, and make them jelous that they have the same old paca clothes from the 1990s in there drive way that they cant sell for even 25 pesos.

the owner of the local is my bfs father. maybe there could be a way to register it in someone elses name, and id be just the person looking over the shop(not really an employee). i dont live on a Street near to much action. the poepl that pas by are the ones who lives really close.

that has the makings of a plan.......

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
Why not just be legit?

to be legit id have to get the working visa etc. im planing on starting with buying for less than 500 Canadian dollars and hoping to make 1000 profit in the end of the first sales of all things before asking to get more things shipped to me. like i said , girl things, head bands, braclets, sunglasses, all things that would be 200 pesos or less, things that id get for less tan 1 $ in canada. at Ardene entrepot( for those who might know the store).

all the paper work needed would not be worth it for trying to make 1000 profit.

looking for something to just spend my time and not get too board. no matter how many channels one has on tv. seems to be nothing good passing. trying to get buzy.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
to be legit id have to get the working visa etc. im planing on starting with buying for less than 500 Canadian dollars and hoping to make 1000 profit in the end of the first sales of all things before asking to get more things shipped to me. like i said , girl things, head bands, braclets, sunglasses, all things that would be 200 pesos or less, things that id get for less tan 1 $ in canada. at Ardene entrepot( for those who might know the store).

all the paper work needed would not be worth it for trying to make 1000 profit.

looking for something to just spend my time and not get too board. no matter how many channels one has on tv. seems to be nothing good passing. trying to get buzy.
To form a legit corporation & collect/pay you do NOT need a residencia.

Nothing prevents you from becoming legit, even with your business model. Easily done with profitability.

kaykat18987

Nov 25, 2013
To form a legit corporation & collect/pay you do NOT need a residencia.

Nothing prevents you from becoming legit, even with your business model. Easily done with profitability.

could you please send me a link about this info. i will take a look at it and see if it is work it money wise

santiagodude

Nov 25, 2012
I would recommend "testing" the market for your products under the "my boyfriend is the boss" concept first. He can handle the local authorities if an issue arises. If things go well get legit and expand fast (because the locals will copy you).

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Tell everyone you meet your business never makes any money and you are unsuccessful.
This will help to prevent many problems.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Local Police

Find a local policeman to pay off and when and if someone calls on you for your business license just give him the phone number of your "Clout" ...

DGII is not so much interested in your license but rather in your up-to-date tax payments.
They only use local police to come along when they shut down your business...

donP

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
Best advice so far was Cobraboy's to go legit.

It's a simple thing to do and will save her a lot of trouble if there ever was any down the line.

The DR is one of the now few places where you don't need to be a resident or have a visa of any kind to buy property, make a business, marry, invest or many other things that would be impossible in other countries.

In the DR family are not to be considered employee's of a biz unless selected to be so. She can run that biz and not have to report herself or earnings. Always that taxes are paid and things are 100% legit. When they come visit, she can say the biz is her BF's and she's just giving him at hand while he went shopping for the biz.

Like Robert said: Get legit from the scratch and save the hassle of problems later.

Feb 7, 2007
Best advice so far was Cobraboy's to go legit.

It's a simple thing to do and will save her a lot of trouble if there ever was any down the line.

The DR is one of the now few places where you don't need to be a resident or have a visa of any kind to buy property, make a business, marry, invest or many other things that would be impossible in other countries.

In the DR family are not to be considered employee's of a biz unless selected to be so. She can run that biz and not have to report herself or earnings. Always that taxes are paid and things are 100% legit. When they come visit, she can say the biz is her BF's and she's just giving him at hand while he went shopping for the biz.

Like Robert said: Get legit from the scratch and save the hassle of problems later.

and USA is another one. I have formed several USA LLC companies and corporations, even opened US bank accounts, all from the warmth of my DR home (yes se fue la luz, it was warm, no AC)

PICHARDO do not mislead people, most countries allow you to be majority shareholder of a business even if you are a complete non-resident. Some "strategic" business may be excluded, but any common business would be allowed.

E.g. I can be German and own 100% of a bakery in la Paz Bolivia, or be Nigerian and own 100% of a bike store chain in Memphis, TN, or Australian and own an ice cream store in Fortaleza, Brazil.

Now about restricted aka "strategic" industries: I can be French and own 100% in a Colombian airline, or Ecuadorian or Chilean airline, but not so for US airline, where I could only won 25%, or EU airline where as a Dominican I would only be allowed to own 49% (yeah, tell that to Etihad (IATA:EY, ICAO: ETD, Abu Dhabi), they found "ways" to be minority shareholder but 100% influencer in Air Berlin, Air Serbia and Alitalia, and soon possibly in Aer Lingus).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.