Sosua Beach - Dogs Allowed?

judypdr

Jul 23, 2011
Costambar
Hi Everyone!

I used to visit Sosua from Costambar frequently with my Bichon Frise (fluffy white poochie) but I seem to remember that visitors are no longer allowed to bring their (pet) dogs to the beach there. Is this still the rule and is it enforced?

Thanks!

Jul 28, 2014
Hi Everyone!

I used to visit Sosua from Costambar frequently with my Bichon Frise (fluffy white poochie) but I seem to remember that visitors are no longer allowed to bring their (pet) dogs to the beach there. Is this still the rule and is it enforced?

Thanks!

I've seen people take dogs, god knows there are more than enough feral ones, and on that note, heres an interesting tidbit: Sos?a-News

charlise

Bronze
Nov 1, 2012
I don't see who would stop you, a gringa, to bring her dog on the beach... especially a "gringo dog"... lol.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
In the link Olly referenced it shows a picture of a sign at the entrance to Sosua Beach that says No Domestic Animals are Allowed on the beach.

texan

Apr 1, 2014
We could not bring our dog on Sosua beach once but it was a holiday. They had police at every entrance. Every other time we have been there you can bring a dog.

drescape24

Bronze
Nov 2, 2011
I see people with dogs on the beach all the time. I wouldn't go on a Sunday though. Way to many people.