Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: US visa obtained easily.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jstarebel View Post
    10 yr. visa. So you had been married 2 years or more to your wife B4 you received the visa. Married Less than 2 years is a 2 yr. visa (conditions apply). Then you have to apply to "Lift Conditions" and of course pay another $590.00. A girlfriend (fiancé) visa is 90 days. marry, file change of status, go home, or stay illegally.
    You are mixing residency visas and visitors visas. Two completely different things. This thread is about AZB, A US Citizen getting his Dominican wife a visitor's visa. That is very difficult.

It is much easier for a US citizen to get an immigrant visa for a Dominican fiancée or spouse.

After one year, it is very likely that AZB's wife will be granted (for a renewal fee) a 10 year renewable visitor's visa as long as no overstays are done in the US.

2. Likes bob saunders liked this post
    I never learn...
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    You are mixing residency visas and visitors visas. Two completely different things. This thread is about AZB, A US Citizen getting his Dominican wife a visitor's visa. That is very difficult.

It is much easier for a US citizen to get an immigrant visa for a Dominican fiancée or spouse.

After one year, it is very likely that AZB's wife will be granted (for a renewal fee) a 10 year renewable visitor's visa as long as no overstays are done in the US.
    This has been the experience in my wife's family.

Post Thanks / Like

Actually if read the OP again it is not for his WIFE but his GIRLFRIEND and the mother of his son. Yes this was for a VISITOR visa not an immigration or a petition to the US as I think they call it in the USA.

It is often reported here that getting a US VISITOR visa is difficult and I guess that is why AZB wanted to write about his GIRLFRIED's experience on getting one.
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com

5. Likes Frank the Tank, jinty05 liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    Actually if read the OP again it is not for his WIFE but his GIRLFRIEND and the mother of his son. Yes this was for a VISITOR visa not an immigration or a petition to the US as I think they call it in the USA.

It is often reported here that getting a US VISITOR visa is difficult and I guess that is why AZB wanted to write about his GIRLFRIED's experience on getting one.
    Sorry about the mixup, but that explains a bit. A girlfriend would be easier than a wife, but still very difficult. If AZB lived in the US, I would guess it would not have been granted.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    Sorry about the mixup, but that explains a bit. A girlfriend would be easier than a wife, but still very difficult. If AZB lived in the US, I would guess it would not have been granted.
    Yes more than likely. He has had an established business in the DR for many years so they have stronger ties there than a Dominican wife or even girlfriend wanting to visit an American living in the US.
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com

8. Likes windeguy liked this post
    Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

that may be the key , Windy.....

AZB's RD status... less fear of flight for her

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

AZB,

Just one question. Did they give your wife a single or multiple entry visa?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLA1125 View Post
    AZB,

Quote Originally Posted by AZB View Post
    My Girlfriend is the mom of my baby and does not possess any property, job nor bank account or any considerable amount. I filled out her electronic form and uploaded her picture along with her data and also put myself as her domestic partner and also as travel companion along with our son who is also american citizen (like myself).
    Visa was approved on monday and delivered on friday of the same week.
    visa was issued for 1 year, Multiple entries.
    Good luck.
    AZB

Girlfriend got one year multiple entry visa
    Moderator Visa forums
    www.DR1.com

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JLA1125 View Post
    AZB,

Multiple entry visa (M).
    yes, my established residency and clinic helped. They just wanted to make sure that she will not stay in USA and the convincing fact was: my baby lives here and because I am the financial supporter of both and I have a well established business here so there is no need for us to be staying in USA apart from simple vacations.
    I am sure they checked up on me and they might have known me from the number of people I have had in my clinic from the embassy. the trick question was: so you are dominican and your baby and the father of the baby are american citizens but i see that your partner was born in Dominican republic? She quickly corrected her that he is from pakistan and is a US citizen.
    It's obvious it was a trick question as the counselor had already looked up my passport which I had sent along as a proof. she asked this question after seeing baby's and my passports.
    AZB

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnnaC View Post
    Girlfriend got one year multiple entry visa
    Thanks, I didn't see that in the original post. If it's a multiple entry than it means they must have been pretty satisfied with the application. Often they will give someone a single entry as a way to tip off the CBP officer to give a little extra scrutiny to the visa holder.

14. Likes AnnaC liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast