US Visa Obtained Easily

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This thread is to insure some people who are applying for visa for their dominican counterpart, that getting a tourist visa is not as impossible as many people think.
My Girlfriend is the mom of my baby and does not possess any property, job nor bank account or any considerable amount. I filled out her electronic form and uploaded her picture along with her data and also put myself as her domestic partner and also as travel companion along with our son who is also american citizen (like myself). In the interview she just asked her why she wants to visit usa, who supports her financially and when my business card was shown, the visa was instantly approved. No hard questions asked. Mind you, there were 8 people in her group and 5 were rejected, even when they had a job letter and bank statement etc.
here is my take:
i think consulate employees review your forms before you even appear in consulate. they already know who qualifies and who should be investigated.
the forms have to be filled out correctly and honestly.
Must dress in decent, formal manner to not attract any unnecessary attention. Look professional and speak by looking into the eyes of the other person. No lies and no made-up stories. these people who work at the embassy are not stupid.
Be prepared for trick questions. So if all which is declared on the forms are true then you don't have to worry about trick questions.
no one is allowed to enter embassy except the person with the appointment.
all was done within 45 minutes or less and she was out on the street.
Visa was approved on monday and delivered on friday of the same week.
visa was issued for 1 year, Multiple entries.
Good luck.
AZB

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
its a lottery. They give out a few randomly so it cannot be said that US visit visas are not granted. The "qualification requirements" are a smoke screen. A friend applied five times. Turned down four and then magically fifth times a charm. Nothing changed on the application other than the dates. Your girlfriend does not even come close to having the "required" connections to the DR that are required for a visa. In fact she looks exactly like a person who will not return to the island prison. You got lucky. Hope your good fortune continues, Go out and buy lottery tickets, you are on a roll.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
5 of 8 rejections is probably about the going rate. VERY rare for her to be approved with a husband who is a US Citizen (let alone a child) . I for one would not feed the sham going on at the US Embassy for visitor's visas. I think you won the lottery on this.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Dude, Congratulations

I told you how it went when I took the misses in, they have to predetermine, I mean, I only showed my passport in the line in the
street and we never showed it again, gave the interviewer mommies passport, asked a ? or 2, same thing, less than an hour and passport delivered to the house in like 5 days, boom 10 year visa.

Happy traveling guys!

Aug 21, 2007
I have no idea about the DR, but when I worked in Ghana, all applications were fact-checked prior to the interview. It's not hard to falsify documents, I am told.

Lindsey

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Dude, Congratulations

I told you how it went when I took the misses in, they have to predetermine, I mean, I only showed my passport in the line in the
street and we never showed it again, gave the interviewer mommies passport, asked a ? or 2, same thing, less than an hour and passport delivered to the house in like 5 days, boom 10 year visa.

Happy traveling guys!
unlike your wife, mine only got a year visa. I guess we can always renew the visa after the expiration date. The 1st step was important and she got it in no time. somehow I was not surprised. maybe they knew me in the embassy. I have had a few patients from there over the years.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I have no idea about the DR, but when I worked in Ghana, all applications were fact-checked prior to the interview. It's not hard to falsify documents, I am told.

Lindsey

you are right, she had noticed that some people had far better qualifications than she had yet they were grilled in the interview and rejected. then her turn came and she was terrified. it seemed they had already decided she was the candidate to get the visa and the questions she was asked were simple, except for one trick question. Then the rest of the talk was just casual talk about her baby and her partner (me) and her other friendly chatter. So I am sure the applicants are all pre-scanned and seems like the visa approval is predetermined.
AZB

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Dude, Congratulations

Happy traveling guys!

10 yr. visa. So you had been married 2 years or more to your wife B4 you received the visa. Married Less than 2 years is a 2 yr. visa (conditions apply). Then you have to apply to "Lift Conditions" and of course pay another $590.00. A girlfriend (fianc?) visa is 90 days. marry, file change of status, go home, or stay illegally.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
10 yr. visa. So you had been married 2 years or more to your wife B4 you received the visa. Married Less than 2 years is a 2 yr. visa (conditions apply). Then you have to apply to "Lift Conditions" and of course pay another $590.00. A girlfriend (fianc?) visa is 90 days. marry, file change of status, go home, or stay illegally.

You are mixing residency visas and visitors visas. Two completely different things. This thread is about AZB, A US Citizen getting his Dominican wife a visitor's visa. That is very difficult.

It is much easier for a US citizen to get an immigrant visa for a Dominican fianc?e or spouse.

After one year, it is very likely that AZB's wife will be granted (for a renewal fee) a 10 year renewable visitor's visa as long as no overstays are done in the US.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
You are mixing residency visas and visitors visas. Two completely different things. This thread is about AZB, A US Citizen getting his Dominican wife a visitor's visa. That is very difficult.

It is much easier for a US citizen to get an immigrant visa for a Dominican fianc?e or spouse.

After one year, it is very likely that AZB's wife will be granted (for a renewal fee) a 10 year renewable visitor's visa as long as no overstays are done in the US.

This has been the experience in my wife's family.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Actually if read the OP again it is not for his WIFE but his GIRLFRIEND and the mother of his son. Yes this was for a VISITOR visa not an immigration or a petition to the US as I think they call it in the USA.

It is often reported here that getting a US VISITOR visa is difficult and I guess that is why AZB wanted to write about his GIRLFRIED's experience on getting one.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Actually if read the OP again it is not for his WIFE but his GIRLFRIEND and the mother of his son. Yes this was for a VISITOR visa not an immigration or a petition to the US as I think they call it in the USA.

It is often reported here that getting a US VISITOR visa is difficult and I guess that is why AZB wanted to write about his GIRLFRIED's experience on getting one.

Sorry about the mixup, but that explains a bit. A girlfriend would be easier than a wife, but still very difficult. If AZB lived in the US, I would guess it would not have been granted.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Sorry about the mixup, but that explains a bit. A girlfriend would be easier than a wife, but still very difficult. If AZB lived in the US, I would guess it would not have been granted.

Yes more than likely. He has had an established business in the DR for many years so they have stronger ties there than a Dominican wife or even girlfriend wanting to visit an American living in the US.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
AZB,

Just one question. Did they give your wife a single or multiple entry visa?

My Girlfriend is the mom of my baby and does not possess any property, job nor bank account or any considerable amount. I filled out her electronic form and uploaded her picture along with her data and also put myself as her domestic partner and also as travel companion along with our son who is also american citizen (like myself).
Visa was approved on monday and delivered on friday of the same week.
visa was issued for 1 year, Multiple entries.
Good luck.
AZB

Girlfriend got one year multiple entry visa

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
AZB,

Just one question. Did they give your wife a single or multiple entry visa?

Multiple entry visa (M).
yes, my established residency and clinic helped. They just wanted to make sure that she will not stay in USA and the convincing fact was: my baby lives here and because I am the financial supporter of both and I have a well established business here so there is no need for us to be staying in USA apart from simple vacations.
I am sure they checked up on me and they might have known me from the number of people I have had in my clinic from the embassy. the trick question was: so you are dominican and your baby and the father of the baby are american citizens but i see that your partner was born in Dominican republic? She quickly corrected her that he is from pakistan and is a US citizen.
It's obvious it was a trick question as the counselor had already looked up my passport which I had sent along as a proof. she asked this question after seeing baby's and my passports.
AZB

JLA1125

Aug 14, 2013
Girlfriend got one year multiple entry visa

Thanks, I didn't see that in the original post. If it's a multiple entry than it means they must have been pretty satisfied with the application. Often they will give someone a single entry as a way to tip off the CBP officer to give a little extra scrutiny to the visa holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.