Status
Not open for further replies.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Eliminate the competition by getting rid of the gringos. And I bet most if not all of the brothels left have a connection to the local police.

May 29, 2006
I'd also expect at least 30 of those are virtually unknown to the tourist market. Defining a brothel isn't always cut and clear in the DR. Plenty of bars and clubs have exit fees if you want to take a bartender home for an hour or so.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
I checked pp digital but they do not give the addresses? You happen to have them? I sense a quick closure of this thread coming soon.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I agree with ctrob, at least I think I do. The non-Dominican owned places were easy first targets. Now any foreign owner, or potential owner, of such a business is on notice.

Let us see what happens in the near future with any place considered by the Attorney General to be a brothel. If nothing is done, then it was just a way to reduce the competition.

frank12

Gold
Sep 6, 2011
I work in a bar on the north coast 40 hours a week. I've been doing it for 7 years now. I know a lot of "working" girls. Many i've known for the seven years that i have been here. On any given night, a dozen or more will stop by and talk to our Dominican staff--waitresses and Kitchen staff. I have never met a girl here who has a pimp. Not once. Not ever. I know at least two dozen or more girls by first name. I have never seen them with a "Pimp." The reason they stop by and talk to our staff is because their kids go to school with the kids of our staff (Cabarete is a small town). Many of them live in the same neighborhoods as our staff. There is no judging from any of our 20 Dominican staff--including our Dominican Jehovah Witnesses staff--on any of these girls. Many of them have grown up together, and many are related.

I'd like to meet these Supposed "Pimps." Where are they?

Frank

Last edited:

RV429

Bronze
Apr 3, 2011
I'd also expect at least 30 of those are virtually unknown to the tourist market. Defining a brothel isn't always cut and clear in the DR. Plenty of bars and clubs have exit fees if you want to take a bartender home for an hour or so.

Peter is making an astute point. Small local bars around the countryside often have a table with 4-5 girls who can be "dated" for an exit fee. Even back in the day at Merengue bar in Sosua (when working girls were not allowed in) an exit fee could be paid for your friend to go on a date. None of this makes the bars "brothels", but the prostitution is out in the open and it is countrywide. Closing a few "gringo" establishments may only be the officials saying "don't rub it in my eyes". And yes, these are almost never seen by tourists.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
The last I remembered less of something bad is better than more.

Why do you insist on applying your personal moral values to situations you do not seem to understand? Your understanding of Dominican society and culture seems simplistic and shallow. Just my thoughts as I head to the beach to contemplate the perfection of what is here.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Why do you insist on applying your personal moral values to situations you do not seem to understand? Your understanding of Dominican society and culture seems simplistic and shallow. Just my thoughts as I head to the beach to contemplate the perfection of what is here.

What's not to understand. Gringos that come to the DR and want to promote prostitution will be deported no doubt losing all of their investment. Next will be locking up those that solicit prostitutes.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
What some "saviors of the DR economy" still don't want to understand is that the Attorney General wants to reduce the appearance of prostitution in tourist areas because it gives the DR a bad name. 500 working girls being out of work who mostly commute to Sosua and Cabarete is not going to be considered as important in this situation.

uncle226

Sep 11, 2007
Classico and Rumba are not brothel . They are still open If they where brothel they would not be allowed to stay open. Are they now going to close or deport any gringo owed business that a prostitute enters restaurant bars hotels. This is not all about protrusion it about real estate condo

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Moral values shouldn't depend on culture.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Amazing that atheists would have us believe that less prostitution is more of a moral outrage than prostitution while at the same time claiming there is no point in discussing morality, thus chopping off the only "leg" they had to stand on.

Status
Not open for further replies.