man... Brewster certainly is one of the good guys...

hichek

Feb 28, 2013
It looks that people will only have to pay 160 for the visa (that includes appointment, delivery of documents, and a picture). the article also mentions that you will be able to submit documents, yet it does not specify if is only theDS-160 confirmation page, or the DS-160 along with supporting documents. If they allow supporting documents like bank statements, property title, and vehicle registration, and other documents that are really important rather than basing the decision on the perception the CO has on the applicant, takes out a lot of random guessing out of the application process.

Embajada EE.UU. anuncia reducci?n en el costo de solicitud de visa | Noticias SIN

they are taking the same approach as Canada. You have a VAC they check your documents, and then you do an interview (for canada you dont need an interview). I remember reading an article online about a review made by someone in the state department, and the review arrived at the same conclusion that changes were needed in the interview process like having people give out documents before attending the interview. as always there were pros and cons about everything... however, i'm very happy that someone is really introducing changes to the systems and making it more reliable and efficient.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
[video=youtube;2qMM8S69vcU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qMM8S69vcU[/video]

hichek

Feb 28, 2013
too bad he was not the one responsible... still, I think the guy is really a good guy.

I'm still trying to find that article that talks about the changes were needed in visa processing.

Brewster had nothing to do with it. This is a general reduction in cost for US Visitors Visas and is not specific to the DR.

Fees for Visa Services