Power Company in Las Terrenas

donP

Dec 14, 2008

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
This is a big one... Let's see... But I would rather have Jacques Dartout than Orsini. Dartout seems to be more pragmatic. Now I saw Orsini paid some Dominican press to badmouth him, and make sure he was depicted as "un nacional Franc?s", to raise a nationalist reaction. I am going to pay my bills this afternoon, this might prove interesting ;)

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Maybe not today

... I am going to pay my bills this afternoon,...

According to this, you may not be able to:
"... nos vemos en la obligaci?n de disponer el cierre de nuestra oficina principal este lunes 6 de octubre."

donP

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
I'm wondering what's the real deal??? I dislike Orsini, however I really depend on electricity for my job, so I hope they won't either shut down or blackout often...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
With every wish there comes a curse.

Everybody wants cheap electricity. They want it as cheap as the government supplies it.... well, or doesn't.
So, what they they wish for is what they may get.
And they'll find out the curse later...... :devious:

[video=youtube;WCA-3uu3jqc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCA-3uu3jqc[/video]

donP

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
I'm wondering what's the real deal??? I dislike Orsini, however I really depend on electricity for my job, so I hope they won't either shut down or blackout often...

I do not know how the Frenchman with the minority interest took over the offices, or what his complaint is. But there has been, over the last few years, an outcry in LT about the prices, particularly for those at the bottom of the scale, I think that there was a government edict that Luz y Fuerza was supposed to lower its interest rates and a call from some in the community to have the business taken over by the State.

It is all a bit confusing since LT was really founded on the basis that there was 24/7 electricity unlike the rest of the country.

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
...I think that there was a government edict that Luz y Fuerza was supposed to lower its interest rates ...
That never happened, just like the Bulevar del Atlantico, government doesn't get involved.
BTW, Dartout is the co-founder of Luz&Fuerza...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Who is in charge at 'Luz y Fuerza'?

The situation is quite unclear. :nervous:

Jacques Michel Dartout paid for this publication:
COMUNICADO (Espacio Pagado) - InfosDiario.com - Las Terrenas

He has also started a blog in the name of "Luz y Fuerza":
Luz y Fuerza Informa

The management of "Luz y Fuerza" (whoever that is at this moment) had this article printed:
Tribunal falla a favor de Luz y Fuerza y ordena suspender actuaciones realizadas por ciudadano franc?s | Saman? Times
(The same article was also added to the LT-7 edition of 9th., Oct. as a separate page.)

donP

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
It's a mess, and I wonder why "la Superintendencia de Electricidad" doesn't send some suits to kick some ass down here. That said, I enjoy all Dartout's announcements... He makes a lot of sense, I hope he stays with the company...

I believe Orsini is fighting like crazy, but that he is trapped, and can't get the company back. So far he is paying journalists to stir some ****, that's about it.

Nobody is paying their bill as of yet! ;)

donP

Dec 14, 2008
The Lights are Still On.

Well, from our hills we look straight down to Las Terrenas, about 300m below us.
Right now, we are seeing that the lights are still on... :bunny:

When it all falls dark we'll know that one of the fighting parties downed the large switch...
We'd still have 24/7 (but not getting any bills). :lick:

donP

Squat

Jan 1, 2002

Hey, this is another article paid for by the Orsinis... So far this is what they are doing: trying to swamp the press with article in their favors... It's my understanding that the planta is under Dartout's control...

Of course, I don't know any better, things could change totally within a few days.

But all those "paid for" articles are a sign of Orsini's desperation, he can't fight in court, so he's trying to stay alive with the public...

It's gonna be a long & winding road, 'cos the other guys are doing just that, and very well:

https://www.facebook.com/luzyfuerzajudicial?fref=ts

Luz y Fuerza Informa

;)

Squat

Jan 1, 2002
My feeling is that it all boils down to this question: which one of those 2 groups is in control of the power generator (planta)???

The one who has power to shut down (or not) the planta is the one with the right card in his hands...

I thought Dartout would have the planta, as it has to be tied up to the main office in "El Bulevar"... Let's see...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Frente-Clowns

.... pretty soon the lights are going to go out, no?

Well, I hope so.
Maybe then those "frente"- clowns will understand that generating power in a remote place is not easy and cheap either.
Let them do the job and fulfill what they promise the people.
I am sure it won't be that reliable (though not cheap) power supply Las Terrenas has had until now.

donP
{to whom it does not matter at all looking down to Las Terrenas and not seeing any lights.... :laugh: }

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Powerful Planta Switch

My feeling is that it all boils down to this question: which one of those 2 groups is in control of the power generator (planta)???
The control of the generators (I think they are more than one) is one thing only.
To maintain the grid, have reliable and knowledgable staff, proper vehicles and technicians is even more important.

The one who has power to shut down (or not) the planta is the one with the right card in his hands...
Any clown can operate a switch.... :cross-eye

donP
waiting for the clowns to take over

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i think the problem w/power co.s is they dont work like regular co.s... money comes in ...expenses, etc,,,,profit......then they want more money on a set basis to expand/improve.. Most companies(co.) will set aside some $ for expansion and future deals/bldg etc...no...power co. want more from you and i...