I'm green...

S

Stan

This'll be my 1st trip to DR1 starting Dec. 31-Jan.13. Curious about the golf course at Caribbean Village Club on the Green near Puerto Plata. Is it in good shape? What are the green fees and are there any special packages? Can I book tee times in advance. Are prices for this and anything else generally quoted in the local currency? Any help would be much appreciated.

H

hillbilly

Although this was in the archives

The course is for the whole complex, and it is in good shape. The green fees are modest and you can book tee times in advance.
You can get a cart or a caddy or both. I "think" that they want you to take a caddy at least on your first trip...

I would suggest that you also invest in a trip out to Playa Grande, It is a truly magnificent course, one of the most beautiful in the world-by far. people that have really played all over the world have said so...

HB

D

Doug

Re: Hillbilly

My buddie just came back from playing Playa Grande, and he's played all over the world, and top shelf courses as well...and he also rates this course right up there.....better than Pebble!!!!And ppl say the DR is third world!

R

Randy

Re: TKS, I know, I know, I keep tellin' people...

Stan, just booked my second stay at COG for Jan. Resort itself is ok for the price. The back of the place is located between the 17th and 18th holes, just follow 18 up to the clubhouse. Not sure if prices went up from last year. As of march, prices were about $60US till 1pm than $38US after. price included caddie but not tip ($20 if you get a good one). Played every course I could find on the north side, if you need more info would be glad to help.

S

Stan

Re: TKS, I know, I know, I keep tellin' people...

Thank you all very much. Looks like we're gonna have a great time. Hopefully shoot some decent rounds.