Employment oppourtunitiues in with and MBA

Elipozo7

Oct 13, 2014
Hello DR1,

I'm from a small campo in San Cristobal called Hato Damas. I've been in the U.S. for pretty much my entire life. I've gone to school in NYC since 1st grade. Thankfully I grew up in a Spanish speaking home so I'm fluent in Spanish and English. I've visited DR numerous times throughout the years and I completely love the country. My mother is reaching retirement age and plans on moving back to the campo where my family resides.

I would like to move back to DR as well but have a few questions that i can't find answers to.

I have a bachelors in finance and a mba in logistics from NYU Stern. I'm in my mid 20's and been and currently in all facets of business, most accurately in sales , operations and logistics over the last five years.

my main concern is finding employment mid management or even top management in the operations/logistics fields.

I understand that DR is totally different as far as salaries go but i don't mind.

any thoughts on where can i search, salary expectations.

arg1118

Mar 11, 2010
Stern Alum

Hello fellow Sternie,

What year/class are you?
I moved back about ~2 years ago after working in Finance in NYC.
I came back to work in family enterprises so I did not go on a job hunt, nevertheless I did keep an eye out for opportunities. They are out there, but often times you will be overqualified. Definitely check out what multinationals might have to offer and also look into local headhunters. I know there exist but I do not know the names of these agencies.

I would also suggest maybe going about it in an entrepreneurial fashion. Currently I am setting up a Zona Franca processing organic food derivatives for US & EUROPE?. heck anywhere in the world where people want Organic non-GMO, Fair Trade food. I am not sure what your specific expertise might be, but perhaps your skills are marketable enough that you could set up your own shop.... heck if you find a niche not being served in logistics/operations and the IRR is there, I can find the capital to take a swing at it.

There are many opportunities here, it's just that they are often too subtle or paradoxically too obvious to know they are there.

PM me if you want to chat more. Maybe you can help us with our launch...

Best regards,
A fellow Sternie
Class of 2009