New and need to get advice quickly

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrincessLayla

Oct 14, 2014
Hi everyone!!! I'm new to this and heard about this site from a friend...I think I may be in a real dilemma. It's been a good 2 years and head over heals in love with a native dominican man who is here in the states on a marital visa to someone else. I knew this getting to the relationship but due to immigration woes our relationship has taken a beaten. He has asked me to wait for him but I don't know what to do. He states this woman that was merely a business transaction is basically controlling his life and threatens to ruin his chances of getting his resident card. She even went so far as to getting herself pregnant after seeing him in a bar and he was drunk. I know he is to blame for that as well but when you are under the influence. Trust me we are on the verge of ending but I can't help the fact that I love him. We have everything a normal relationship has we are with each other everyday we know each other's families and friends, but after reading a lot of your other threads I think I might be just the other woman. Please help!!

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
You need to run not walk to the nearest therapist and yes you are just the other woman and not the only one in all probability.
No one controls this guys life he is a manipulator. I am shocked. Did not think that they made girls like you anymore. I am selling a nearly new bridge. Would you be interested? Willing to take time payments.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
hahahahahahaha

Go with him. He will soon do the same to you. How can you fathom seeing a person after he tells you "It was a business transaction"?

:confused:

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
What does this say about your standards, morals and expectations. Really? Messing around with another woman's man. Especially one that immigration will be watching closely if his application is ever approved.

A man that will lie to one woman will surely lie to you. You need us to tell you this? All this guy wants is to stay in the US. If not with the first woman, then you. If not you, then someone else.

There is no way you two can be together anyways. As soon as he leaves the first woman any granted immigration status will be rescinded and he'll be expected to return home.

(See you in a bar drowning your sorrows in the DR)

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
Dominican families will lie for each other so you saying that you know his family means nothing.....Take the advise you were given ....Run don't walk

Aug 6, 2006
If he pulls it off, he MIGHT get the card and get to stay, in which case, well, you are in the DR and he is not. Odds are that will signal the end of any promising relationship.

If he does not pull it off, he will be back in the DR and broke. You will perhaps be invited to support him. Lucky you!

The third possibility in which he gets his card, marries you and you live together blissfully forever seems rather unlikely.

You should try looking elsewhere, Time is passing, and you appear to be wasting it.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Sankies Can Bring About Friendships.

There is no way you two can be together anyways.

Well, the two women involved can. :laugh:
Great friendships can result from a double sankie disappointment... :classic: :classic: :classic:

donP

PrincessLayla

Oct 14, 2014
If he pulls it off, he MIGHT get the card and get to stay, in which case, well, you are in the DR and he is not. Odds are that will signal the end of any promising relationship.

If he does not pull it off, he will be back in the DR and broke. You will perhaps be invited to support him. Lucky you!

The third possibility in which he gets his card, marries you and you live together blissfully forever seems rather unlikely.

You should try looking elsewhere, Time is passing, and you appear to be wasting it.

Ok I hear what you are all saying but maybe I'm not clear. I also live here in the states, him and I were actually living together nine months into our relationship and his dilemma was that the woman he had married for his papers took off with the money and ran and his resident card or conditional visa had expired and she was no where to be found. After a long voyage he found her and he pleaded that they had an agreement and she didn't fulfill her end of the deal. After a long debate she agreed to help him but under her terms and her terms only. She met me she knows I exist he is with me practically 24/7 . But for whatever reason she is manipulating the situation and is controlling him. He is afraid because one it's illegal to pay for this type of transaction and two she is threatening to tell the immigration he's a fraud and show proof of me and him together and he just used her for immigration purposes when indeed him and her had a business negotiation and she was on board to do this as long as she got paid. I have left him and he keeps pleading to me that he loves me and he is even willing to put his immigration status on the line for me. I'm just caught in a rock and hard place

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Princess, is that what he calls you? How low is your self esteem be to be head over heels for sloppy seconds, lol. How little respect can he have for you or the other to accept you both accepting him. The whole triangle seems like an episode of Jerry Springer, or Jeremy Kyle. Watch an episode and get an idea how you come across to us!

Aug 6, 2006
I did not realize that you were in the US. What is your status? Are you a citizen, a resident, or illegal?

If you are a citizen or a resident, then you can sponsor him, and he can forget about the other woman.

It is illegal for her to take money from him to gain him citizenship, and unless she is a total idiot, she knows this. The result would be that he might be deported, but she would be fined and jailed. I hardly think she would turn him in, since she would be confessing to a fraud.

If she already was paid, then paying her more is quite unlikely to produce different results.

You did not make clear what this woman wants. I assume it is money.

If you are in the US illegally, I have no suggestions. If you are a citizen or a resident, you could marry him, unless he is already married to the first women.

You have not clearly explained the situation. What is your status?
What is this other woman's status? Was she born here?
What is the money situation. Who paid for what and for what and when?

Jan 9, 2004
Well, if it really was a business transaction, why did she get pregnant.

Sounds like she is the woman scorned.....and pregnant to boot.

You on the other hand, are the other woman.....and sounds to me like, if successful, you will then be in the wife's place.

So many of these stories here over the years....and the ones that do come back and fill in the details a year or two later all tell the same tale....how they too were duped.

You have provided nothing here that makes me believe your story/situation is different.

He lied to get into the country, the story about him being drunk one night and now she is pregnant is another difficult tale to believe......although it is possible.

If you stay with him....please come back and tell us how his child support is working out.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
OR,

He escaped povrety in the dr by working hard and long hours. Found an american lady who sold him the right to wed her in order to emigrate to the US in search of a better life.........
Then he found YOU, his princess and love of his life.
After you 2 become rich and famous, he will take you back to the island of his birth and fight corruption and liberate the pueblo!!!!

Or not....... but one never knows.

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010
Oh come on, this has to be a DR1 social experiment post? Somewhere some Psychologist is putting check marks on Berzins DSM5 chart. Sounds like a full ankle sock to me.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
OR,

He escaped povrety in the dr by working hard and long hours. Found an american lady who sold him the right to wed her in order to emigrate to the US in search of a better life.........
Then he found YOU, his princess and love of his life.
After you 2 become rich and famous, he will take you back to the island of his birth and fight corruption and liberate the pueblo!!!!

Or not....... but one never knows.

Sell that to the Mexican or Brazilian, it could be the next a record breaking Novela.

Just don't forget those who gave you the idea :smoke:

Aug 6, 2006
Why are there still so many people who know where babies come from and know how to prevent them from coming and yet do nothing about it?

If a woman with an IQ about 60 gets pregnant, she has to take at least some of the blame for it.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Different IQ's

Why are there still so many people who know where babies come from and know how to prevent them from coming and yet do nothing about it?
If a woman with an IQ about 60 gets pregnant, she has to take at least some of the blame for it.

Wait, Xaver!
Could it be that you mistake the clever one for the thick one? :rolleyes:

donP

Status
Not open for further replies.