biomass/biotrash...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
has anyone been to the brewery in s.d. they are burning left overs/cardboard and scrap wood for energy? reducing their need for fuel?
they burn their own waste and use it to produce product...
interesting...cemex..going solar...and now the beers....what next?
and they say they will save plenty in garbage costs,less traffic, etc...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Cement factories to generate energy from own solid waste
Three Dominican cement companies are ready to generate power using the solid waste that they produce. This will help reduce the volume of waste and fossil fuels emitted by the industries. The companies are Cementos Cibao in Santiago, Domicen in San Cristobal and Cemex in San Pedro de Macoris.

The initiative is part of the EUR4.5 million German-funded Support for the Implementation of a Climate Change-Compatible Plan (Plan Deccc) in the Cement and Solid Waste Sectors.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
is this going to spike the cost of electrics to consumers as typically big bis. uses alot of juice...pay alot of bills...
solar, burning, solid waste..... the power co's are reading the writing...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
i guess the water comp. going to be happy with all the free water....

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
I visited Cemex yesterday and am visiting Cementos Cibao tomorrow and Cerverceria on Friday (just started a new representation and my clients are companies who generate electricity either for themselves or for the country). Will be eager to find out about their programs.

Several of the generating companies we visited this week told us how the country is moving more and more to cost efficient and environmental friendly ways of energy generation. The plans of the government to have a cokes plant build don't fit in this trend though.

In Punta Cana CEPM is using the hot water coming free in their plant to give hot water to the hotels.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
No...:-(. But they wouldn't show them off to us, those basically put us out of business. Surprised though they didn't even mention them.

go to the airport and rent a helicoptor for an hour or two and take photos from it....