DR1 preference settings.

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
Is it possible to set it up so when following a thread with many pages it will take you to the last post you read. Sometimes I have to scroll back pages to find out where I last left off. The red arrow brings to last post. Is there a last read post button?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Yes, when you hit the " new posts" button on the top left side you'll see all the threads that have new posts. There is a little red arrow beside the name of the last poster of the thread you want to read, click on that.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Is it possible to set it up so when following a thread with many pages it will take you to the last post you read. Sometimes I have to scroll back pages to find out where I last left off. The red arrow brings to last post. Is there a last read post button?

If you are logged in when you do a search for "new posts," there will be a blue button to the left of the thread title in each search result. Clicking on that button will bring you to your last unread post in the thread.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
If you are logged in when you do a search for "new posts," there will be a blue button to the left of the thread title in each search result. Clicking on that button will bring you to your last unread post in the thread.

I learn something new everyday. I always click on that red button and go to last post then work my way up to the last post I read. Never noticed the blue one thanks ;)

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
You learn everyday !

The blue one being on the left, it took me a while to find it, lol

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Not to hijack the thread, but a while back someone said something about subscribing to a given thread. I asked how, but didn't see a response. Anyone know about this phenomenon?

When you reply to a thread or start of new one, if you "Go Advanced," at the very bottom of the posting page where it says "options" is the "Subscription" option. Just check that, and you will be subscribed.

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
Amazing. Neither did I until it was mentioned.

Now, can somebody tell me why some threads have a red envelope to the left of the thread title, while others have a blue envelope?

Not 100% certain on this, but I think the color of the envelopes reflects the number of replies. The threads with lots of replies have the blue envelopes.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
General stuff

Go to any forum page and scroll to the bottom of the page.
There you will find the icon legends explained.

Now..
What I want to know is how to get a big strong heavy font on the titles of the threads that I open.
Everybody else seems to do it and in spite of my many attempts, I always get the scrawny font. I've tried just about everything I can imagine. It will probably be something that is just as plain as the nose on my face....Anybody?

La Profe_1

Oct 15, 2003
General stuff

Go to any forum page and scroll to the bottom of the page.
There you will find the icon legends explained.

Now.
What I want to know is how to get a big strong heavy font on the titles of the threads that I open.
Everybody else seems to do it and in spite of my many attempts, I always get the scrawny font. I've tried just about everything I can imagine. It will probably be something that is just as plain as the nose on my face....Anybody?

Feeling like the "Answer Lady" here. :cheeky:

You have to use "Go Advanced" when you post. When you open that, in the upper left hand corner is a button that says "size." Click on that and choose the font size you want. To make it stronger, click on "B" for bold in the second line.

Whatever you want large size or in bold has to be inside the brackets.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
A thread's popularity is measured on forums in reply (total posts minus one, the opening post, in most default forum settings) counts. Some forums also track page views. Threads meeting a set number of posts or a set number of views may receive a designation such as "hot thread" and be displayed with a different icon compared to other threads. This icon may stand out more to emphasize the thread. If the forum's users have lost interest in a particular thread, it becomes a dead thread.
From Wikipedia.

Internet forum - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

About a third of the way down the page.
Also for lots of info check out the dr1 FAQ.