Horseback Riding in Jarabacoa

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
I went to Jarabacoa once a bought a horse riding tour last year with a local - it was not with other people. It was supposed to be 1 1/2 hours and go to a waterfall with swimming. It ended up being just over 4 hours and not only could you not swim in the waterfall we went to, to get any good pics you had to climb which was pretty dangerous.

I am going to Jarabacoa again in November for a weekend. Is anyone aware of a reputable tour company where I can book a group tour to go horseback riding?

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Contact Rancho Baiguate, or go to La Confluencia and rent a horse there.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Hey I heard of this place. I am just looking at the website and seems that it has a hotel too. Have you every stayed here?
I wouldn't call it a hotel, very basic housing, kinda "adventure".

irishpaddy

Bronze
Sep 3, 2013
rancho baiguate is excellent .....it costs $9 to rent the horse and guide....up to the waterfalls which are excellent for swimming ...and normally peacefull and quiet...never in a rush to get you back
I go every year and have a fantastic day
never stayed at the ranch...but the food is very good...the rooms would be basic ...they have a nice pool also and the grounds are beautifull

cjewell

Bronze
Oct 11, 2004
Thanks for the advice. I decided to stay in the Gran Jiminoa which I know because I have stayed there before and then go to Ranch Baiguate to do the horse back riding. Yay!!! I am soooo excited!

rancho baiguate is excellent .....it costs $9 to rent the horse and guide....up to the waterfalls which are excellent for swimming ...and normally peacefull and quiet...never in a rush to get you back
I go every year and have a fantastic day
never stayed at the ranch...but the food is very good...the rooms would be basic ...they have a nice pool also and the grounds are beautifull