In the Heights

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
The Broadway Play "In the Heights" is supposedly going to be at Palacio de las Bellas Artes
Ave. M?ximo G?mez Esq. Ave. Independencia, Santo Domingo. Anyone have a clue on where to buy the tickets?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
'In the Heights', the musical at Bellas Artes - DR1 Calendar
"In the Heights" the Tony Award-winning Broadway musical on Dominicans in New York City, will be staged at the Palacio de Bellas Artes in Santo Domingo from Thursday 6 November 2014 to Sunday 16 November 2014. This is an Amaury Sanchez production.
Tickets are RD$1,600-RD$1,100 and are for sale at La Sirena and the Bellas Artes box office.

Starring Jaier Grullon, Laura Lebron, Checho Lora, Dolly Garcia, Hector Anibal, Diana Pou, Ian Castillo, Sonia Alfonso, Diomaris La Mala, Karla Fatulle, JJ Sanchez and Alejandro Moscoso. Directed by Waddys Jaquez, choreography by Isadora Bruno. Music and lyrics by Lin-Manuel Miranda and the book by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Quiara Alegria Hudes.
"In the Heights" tells the universal story of a vibrant community in New York's Washington Heights neighborhood – a place where the coffee from the corner bodega is light and sweet, the windows are always open and the breeze carries the rhythm of three generations of music.
It's a community on the brink of change, full of hopes, dreams and pressures, where the biggest struggles can be deciding which traditions you take with you, and which ones you leave behind. The musical won the 2008 Tony Awards for Best Musical, Best Score, Best Choreography and Best Orchestrations.
Listen to music from the original musical at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hSQFjtszBYg

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Tonight November 7 is Opening Night.

2vsg86s.jpg

gas

Jul 28, 2013
I'll be arriving in SD on 11/15 and would love to see this but I fear it's sold out. I found a website to buy tickets but, for the life of me, I can't figure out what, if any seats are available on 11/15, the only show I can make. Would someone mind taking a look at the site and let me know? Thanks!

TuBoleta.com.do

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
I'll be arriving in SD on 11/15 and would love to see this but I fear it's sold out. I found a website to buy tickets but, for the life of me, I can't figure out what, if any seats are available on 11/15, the only show I can make. Would someone mind taking a look at the site and let me know? Thanks!

TuBoleta.com.do

The link you posted takes you directly to 15 of November, select the section of the theater you want to sit in and number of tickets. If you are not in the DR you may have a problem. Over a year ago I tried getting tickets from UEPA but refused to process the order because I was out of the country using a USA credit card.

If you scroll over the seating chart is says tickets are available in all sections.

gas

Jul 28, 2013
Is it possible there are still front row seats available? That's the way I read this but it is not easy, at least for me, to understand. Would someone be willing to buy the seats for me? Is paypal accepted in the DR? I can send the money in advance. Or do you think I'll be able to get good seats the day of the show, 11/15?