Help!! Floating banner alert!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Opening dr1 today on tablet I get a floating banner (ya carros?) and worse, it can't be closed, just appears and disappears at will......

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
It's on the iPad. However, it has nothing to do with dr1 I noticed, it's the same banner appearing on any website I open in safari. My iPad is not jail broken so I wonder what happened, I've never had any spam, virus, pop up issues on iPad or iPhone.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Ok, problem solved. I'm at a coffee place in agora. By accident I picked up the wifi of another place instead of the wifi of the place where I'm at. Apparently the other place has some ad generating software in place when you use their wifi.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Besides that: it's practically impossible to use the Internet of that coffee place because of that banner. The place I drink my coffee in the morning has me as a fixed customer because their coffee is ok and their internet is fast, reliable and free (of banners). It's only a cup of coffee they sell me , but it's every day a cup of coffee.

May 29, 2006
Does AdBlock Plus work on your tablet? One of my favorite apps. The kind you don't know is there until you use another computer.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Ok, problem solved. I'm at a coffee place in agora. By accident I picked up the wifi of another place instead of the wifi of the place where I'm at. Apparently the other place has some ad generating software in place when you use their wifi.

Glad it's solved

Status
Not open for further replies.