Recommendations for vacation

gas

Jul 28, 2013
I've been to the DR a number of times, mostly SD and the Puerto Plato area, but never to the central area. So, excuse the stoopid noobie questions please for recommendations.

First, where to? Jaracaboa? I am looking for not too touristy, like 1.2 tourists for every 10 natives max, haha, no sweltering heat, activities like rafting but nothing too physical and relaxation. I'm going with a friend. Budget for accommodations is about $100 with taxes a night.

Do I need to rent a car? I know Caribe buses go there, but will I be stuck if I don't have a car once I'm there?

I would fly into SDQ?

I will stay a week and hope to go next month, November.

I am not married to going to central DR. I just figured it would be a nice respite. I am completely open but I need to meet my friend in SD.

Thanks for any suggestions.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
You might get bored a week in Jarabacoa, you will need a car or yes you will be stuck. Why not hire a car and go to Jarabacoa, then while there plan the next stage and drive there. No need to book anything really is there, just the car. Plenty cheap accommodation about and loads of expensive accommodation so you will have no issues there.

gas

Jul 28, 2013
You might get bored a week in Jarabacoa, you will need a car or yes you will be stuck. Why not hire a car and go to Jarabacoa, then while there plan the next stage and drive there. No need to book anything really is there, just the car. Plenty cheap accommodation about and loads of expensive accommodation so you will have no issues there.

Thanks. Any suggestions for a place after/before Jarabacoa? Is it very touristy there? Or a recommendation for any other place sans Jarabacoa within traveling distance of SD?