Apartment for month (or more) in Las Terrenas

Arthur von Pakkas

Jul 9, 2014
Hi Everyone!

We are looking for a modest, one bedroom apartment to rent in / near Las Terrenas, for a month, starting 26th of November! Price range around ~450$! All information and help is very much appreciated :)

All the best and thank You ahead!

Arthur

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Try Lt-7.com, a LT newspaper with classified.

Your budget is on the super low end, that's probably why you don't get many responses.

Arthur von Pakkas

Jul 9, 2014
What do You think a proper budget for not-so-luxurious 1 bedroom apartment for a month would be ? We are really active outdoors and the apartment should just be a place to sleep really ...

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
the issue is that there are not that many places.. try the Oasis, or Don Pedro, or the Alises, or Las Palmas.. all are hotels with kitchens... all are going to be more like a thousand a month... most likely. You might take your chances and get one of them, Oasis maybe, as they used to have a lot of snowbirds.. and just ask for a month long rate once you are there. They are pretty big and off the beaten track a bit. Their rate even 10 years ago was $650 for long term rentals so I am sure thant $450 will not cut it .. but $700 might.

your best best it probably Home Away or Air BnB or something like that and try to negotiate prehaps closer to the time, find an owner whose place is not rented yet.. ???

but Christmas is a top time so, I think, at a minimum, you will have to at least double your budget for a place with a kitchen.

otherwise, perhaps you need to consider Sosua or Puerto Plata? There may be less expensive places there, although I am not sure.

Arthur von Pakkas

Jul 9, 2014
Thank You all for advice and help!

As I have to admit that I did not think much about the seasonal situation we re-arranged our budget a bit and got a place for 600$/month. It's bit more luxurious than we would have wanted but who can say no to bit of extra comfort during the holiday season :)

Hope to meet many of You soon ...

Arthur / Mari / Karl

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Thank You all for advice and help!

As I have to admit that I did not think much about the seasonal situation we re-arranged our budget a bit and got a place for 600$/month. It's bit more luxurious than we would have wanted but who can say no to bit of extra comfort during the holiday season :)

Hope to meet many of You soon ...

Arthur / Mari / Karl

Just remember security is a must in the DR. Keep this in mind when you are vacationing. Hopefully where you are staying will provide an ample measure of this.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Suuuuure

Many of my friends pay 5000 pesos/month :) Small Bedroom, kitchen, but with cold water.

One could even find is cheaper than that in Come Pan for example (with bathroom outside and no electricity). But why would I mention it to snowbirds ?
It s not only about comforts but safety/security (cause they will be robbed blind).

Last edited:

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Embracing the Locals

One could even find is cheaper than that in Come Pan for example (with bathroom outside and no electricity). But why would I mention it to snowbirds ?
It s not only about comforts but safety/security (cause they will be robbed blind).

Well, there is always the culture-embracing backpacker... ;) :laugh:

donP

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Correction: Embracing some locals

Well, there is always the culture-embracing backpacker... ;) :laugh:

donP

LOL :)

Locals with jobs, cars and electricity are frowned upon. :smoke:

Last edited: