American dead in Gazcue

barker1964

Silver
Apr 1, 2009
R.I.P So sad.....It gets me every time how they can post even the apartment number.......WOW

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Thanks, HR.

It is just that he was young...

ok.well I guess 55 is not that young but it is not as if he was like, in his final days..

He was vibrant, full of life, a good man, a gentle man. So it is hard to imagine his just NOT being.

It is different that having someone be ill and die. Then you see a decline. But this is just sudden.

And awful. And a shame. And sad.

I do not know his family but know that friends of his from his facebook page have read this here.

We are being asked not to post there until his family has been updated... I know his Mom is quite ill.

So that caution should go for this thread as well.

My sympathy goes out to his Mom and brother and all his loved ones.

I know that he will be very sorely missed.

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
Wow! I'm sorry to hear this and to know that you knew this man E. Prayers for his family.

Jan 9, 2004
The gentleman is dead.

Can we refrain from unnecessary commentary and keep it to condolences? This is a general comment not necessarily directed at any one, or any post.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
The gentleman is dead.

Can we refrain from unnecessary commentary and keep it to condolences? This is a general comment not necessarily directed at any one, or any post.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

The news of someone meeting final misfortune in such a way will naturally evoke expressions of concern for the circumstance as well as for the victim. It's only natural for ex patriots living in the area as well as frequent visitors to the area from abroad to voice their concerns and that expression is no disservice to the victim or his Family. I'm sure that if the result of the conversation is only a single word of advice which would save a single life that it would serve as a tribute to the life that was lost.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
It wouldn't be my first choice neither, believe me, the country has gone seriously downhill over recent years in almost every conceivable way. We are not all in the position to change our lives at will.

We are not all in a position to change our lives at whim. You can certainly will yourself to stand for what you perceive as right and against what you perceive as wrong. Most of us have held out a helping hand at some point during our lives only to have that hand slapped, I know I have plenty of times. It wasn't the result of doing what I thought was the right thing, it was the result of someone else doing the wrong thing and if I let that affect my future willingness to do what I think is right, only then have I suffered loss.

I would hope than someone who either knows the deceased or has some information which would be helpful in bringing his murderer(s) to justice in this case has the spine to come forward and pursue the justice that he deserves.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
We are not all in a position to change our lives at whim. You can certainly will yourself to stand for what you perceive as right and against what you perceive as wrong. Most of us have held out a helping hand at some point during our lives only to have that hand slapped, I know I have plenty of times. It wasn't the result of doing what I thought was the right thing, it was the result of someone else doing the wrong thing and if I let that affect my future willingness to do what I think is right, only then have I suffered loss.

I would hope than someone who either knows the deceased or has some information which would be helpful in bringing his murderer(s) to justice in this case has the spine to come forward and pursue the justice that he deserves.

For sure this guy deserves justice. I expect it will depend on if there were witnesses, and if there were, then what the experiences of these people have been up to now. We will hope that they can find the person responsible, in a real world where people are not afraid of going to the police a case like this I am sure would be sewn up pretty quick. There is a decent presence of police, and taxis around Gacue, and plenty svc cams on buildings.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
A man is deceased, why do we always end up on tangents in these threads, instead of expressing our condolences to the family and friends of the victim???

I'm deleting the off topic posts, and unless you want a vacation from DR1 I suggest you stick to the game plan.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
As we tend to go in the same direction every time there is a murder, might it not be worth while proposing a forum for acknowledgements, condolences etc. I am sure the last thing anyone wants to do is disrespect those lost, or their families, but I do think it is only natural that people will want to discuss these things. Just an idea to avoid this reoccurring problem. Only to discuss important issues on our doorstep and help avoid further similar occurrences.
Feel free to erase anything of mine you feel inappropriate, disrespect was not my intention.