where to buy TV with guarantee

joseph01

Jun 21, 2010
I have lost 2 tvs in 2 years.......does any place give good guarantee....without blah....blah....santiago?....

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
I bought my 40 inch Toshiba at ocho a with a one year warranty. It quit at one year and 2 days. Just my luck. Im on my own with it. By the way does anyone know a reliable repair person for a Toshiba in Santiago.

If you bring one in from out of country the warranty from usa or Canada will not be covered unless you take it back to the originating country.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I thought everywhere offered cover for new TV's, you'd be a fool to buy without it. This is where we get into the warranty over Guarantee debate isn't it, people get the two mixed up, or figure they are the same.

But if you are buying new TV's and are going through one a year then I would first of all look into the actual problem rather than just plugging another one in to be destroyed. TV's are very expensive, they last longer than a year or it is something you are causing.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
on additional note, if this is santiago then this thread should be moved to central DR forum.

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
When I checked the model number of a TV we were thinking of buying on the north coast I was shocked to find it was 6 years old!

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Is that new, but off a 6 years old production line?

Dominican Republic gets all the crap nowhere else wants. Clothes, electronics, even the food in our supermarkets is often produce nowhere else would take. The reason we buy shirts with three arms, electronics new yet 6 year old etc.:tired:

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Skip PLaza Lama. They sell the worst crap you can find. Some of it refurbished and sold as new.

Have to agree, all my daughter toys bought from PL fall apart before we get them home. Appliances have had issues, aftercare is terrible. The only thing PL is good for is shoe sales!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Megatone is another option as well as previously mentioned La Sirena, Corripio and Plaza Lama (not recommended). I would also add Price Smart in Santiago.

Contacto

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
I like plaza lama, have puchased three tvs in the last few years there and never a problem. Also LG seems to have the best guarantee policy. Three years parts and labor!!!

jstarebel

Silver
Oct 4, 2013
Maybe best buy one from USA.

You're kidding right?? Try taking back a TV you bought in the states after 6 months of ownership and see what happens.. Warrantee's on any electronics are a thing of the past unless you PAY for the extended warrantee and even then it's only good for a year.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You're kidding right?? Try taking back a TV you bought in the states after 6 months of ownership and see what happens.. Warrantee's on any electronics are a thing of the past unless you PAY for the extended warrantee and even then it's only good for a year.

I have purchased all of my TVs within the past 8 years in the US.