Tracing phone number?

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Hi,

I am getting lost calls from a (Dominican) phone number since a while.

I tried to call back but no answer.

Googling the number shows only some unrelated China sh$t.

Is there a way to find out who owns a phone number here in DR?

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
If the calls are coming to a cell phone there are a lot of programs that you can use to just block the number. The phone will not even ring.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
If the calls are coming to a cell phone there are a lot of programs that you can use to just block the number. The phone will not even ring.

Thanks, yes. My iphone has that feature. Thing is I want to know from whom the calls are coming. I suspect it may be an extension from a bank or another institution.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Thanks, yes. My iphone has that feature. Thing is I want to know from whom the calls are coming. I suspect it may be an extension from a bank or another institution.

Answer the call once, that way you know and then proceed to block.

In my experience: It s never a secret admirer, always a telemarketer or a dumb ass who took down someone else's number incorrectly.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Lol. My money is on the dumb ass too.

Well. I did not manage to pick up once on time (incoming while driving, sleeping etc.) so I wasn't able to answer it yet... :)

Aguaita29

Silver
Jul 27, 2011
Hi,

I am getting lost calls from a (Dominican) phone number since a while.

I tried to call back but no answer.

Googling the number shows only some unrelated China sh$t.

Is there a way to find out who owns a phone number here in DR?

Go to the Fiscalia. If you're the victim of annoying or threatening calls, they can request a judge to authorize the phone companies to trace them (if they're coming from an unblocked number), and to disclose who a number belongs to.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
Go to the Fiscalia. If you're the victim of annoying or threatening calls, they can request a judge to authorize the phone companies to trace them (if they're coming from an unblocked number), and to disclose who a number belongs to.

Thanks! But that would be overkill ;). No threatening or such involved. I am just curious. But good information to have in case...

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Answer the call once, that way you know and then proceed to block.

In my experience: It s never a secret admirer, always a telemarketer or a dumb ass who took down someone else's number incorrectly.

or some guy to whom a chica gave a bogus number. now he is calling your number trying to find Baroness Belkis.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I had one of those a couple of years ago. Some old bloke phoned from Italy asking for Yuderkis or whatever the name was and when I told him it was the wrong number he took a shine to my dulcet tones and kept calling me for several months. I didn't have a block function on that phone so I saved the number as "Italian AH" and rejected the call every time until he gave up.

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
or some guy to whom a chica gave a bogus number. now he is calling your number trying to find Baroness Belkis.

It happened to me !! While in NY, someone calling me from DR (out of all the countries in the world !)

Me: Quien es
Sultry voice: El hombre de tu vida
Me: Cual ? :rolleyes: (thinking it was someone I know, playing a joke)

When he realized I wasn't Yudelka, he was laughing his ass off though. :cheeky: I really believe, it was an honest mistake cause he never called back.

Last edited:

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I had one of those a couple of years ago. Some old bloke phoned from Italy asking for Yuderkis or whatever the name was and when I told him it was the wrong number he took a shine to my dulcet tones and kept calling me for several months. I didn't have a block function on that phone so I saved the number as "Italian AH" and rejected the call every time until he gave up.

would the AH happen to have anatomical connotations, by any chance?